Originally Posted by Aishaddai
At what point will people admit they just don't want to play 5e? Lol.

I don't like kingmaker for a long list of reasons, but in the context of just resting I think it will never work for bg3. The whole purpose for it was to enforce the passage of time. You can't do that without a day and night cycle. Not to mention time limits, storage capacity limits, and introducing a cooking meal system. Might as well straight copy paste pathfinder systems and drop 5e.

My point is taking singular parts from a system is more complex than people make it seem. At a point it is not 5e anymore and at the same time some people are harassing the devs to make bg3 MORE like 5e. Lmao.

I mean you are free to do whatever you want. I just wanted to point that out.

I don't get it why it should contradict 5e when I want a day/night cycle, weather effects and a meaningful resting system?
It's the other way round. When you don't have the passing of time (come on, what is implemented in BG 3 as "passing of time" is just very poorly done), how can you apply the rules of 5e correctly?

That people (humans, dwarves, elves, tieflings, etc.) have to eat and drink or starve to death is part of DnD.
That you don't have to use a mechanic for it, is something completely different.

So how you think when people say you should have provisions/food when making camp does that in any way contradict DnD 5e?

I don't see why BG3 would be a worse game if we had a day/night cycle? And after 24 hours of running around Shadowheart tells you she is tired? Then you make a small campfire, click on it and then you talk to your companions the same way as you do now when you go to your "magic camp" that is Ao knows where?

Please elaborate, because I don't understand your point.
And yes, I definitely want more 5e in BG3