Oh yeah, the multi-quote thing was a serious headache.

But more substantively, you've presented a lot of good arguments here, and for most of them all I can say is that your arguments are valid and make sense, but aren't enough to convince me, so we can just agree to disagree. The one place where I feel it is worth arguing is this:

Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
Originally Posted by Gray Ghost
I don't feel like it's meant to be a secret though.
All i see here is complaining about this path not being clear enough to character ...
What else it would be than a secret? laugh

It's directly tied to one of the two main ways you can complete this part of the story.
Personaly i hope Githyanki chreche will be third one.
If they proove themself to be just another dead route as Hag was, i will be quite sad. :-/

I imagine it as you either join Tieflings, or you join Goblins ... or you dont join either of them, get to Gith, and there they tell you that they allready know about moonrise towers, and you need to go there first for Purification protocol to work ... and when you get back to previous map, you find out that goblins allready attacked the groove, but all leaders died during the attack and rest of both factions are gone.
Either that or groove being covered with magical thorns, and goblins being hostile to you.

So something like what you suggested would actually be perfect because it doesn't seem to me that this is actually supposed to be a mystery.
I would not say "mystery" ... maybe even secret is a too strong word, just not so obvious option. laugh

When I say it doesn't feel like the Absolute path is meant to be a secret, I'm talking about how it doesn't seem like it's meant to be a secret to the player, and yet it is the player that has to pick through all the little hints and implications in order to find a good in-character reason to roleplay following the Absolute. In character I avoided the Hag because that questline did not to my character present a compelling route to getting the tadpole out, as my character never found out she was a hag who had any power that could potentially help her (and as an aside, can I say that I really kind of hate how a pretty significant piece of information regarding the nature of your tadpole is hidden behind a-from what I have been able to gather from the forums-incurable and really harsh status effect? Unless there's some way learn that information or get free of the curse that I haven't learned about yet). I ended up avoiding going to the Gith patrol because of how often it led to me getting into a combat I still failed to win after three or four attempts, and I never interacted with Volo beyond the firt meeting so if he apparently knows something I haven't learned it (why yes, my attempt to play an evil character did lead to me failing to engage with a large swath of the game, I know even more why I hate playing evil).

Basically what I'm saying is that it's easy to find reasons to trust the Druid path and it's only through picking at threads that you see reasons not to. Meanwhile with the Absolute path it's inverted and you have to pick at the same strings to find reasons to trust it. And when within the structure of the game it seems like the Absolute path is meant to be an equally viable story branch to the Druid path, I feel like the information about it should be presented in a more or less equitable way. For example in the game Tyranny, there are several paths you can take within the game, but since the game is about being on some level "villaouns," the most firmly good and heroic path requires picking through threads and spotting cues like the way you've described, while the other paths were all marked clearly. When I say the Absolute path feels like it's not meant to be a secret, that's what I mean.

I just want for someone within the game that you can easily find before you make it to the goblin fort to make the case that whatever is going on with the tadpoles isn't just a Mindflayer trap. Just one person. It doesn't have to be someone absolutely, objectively truthful, just someone who knows about the tadpole and thinks they can use the cult to control it, or something like that. Because even among your party, your companions all seem sceptical of the Absolute, even I think Astarion, who's currently the only voice in support of controling the tadpole. You have loads of people making the case for the Druids, there should be some degree of balance there for the Absolute.