Originally Posted by Seiryu Suta
Originally Posted by DragonSnooz
So Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 did equivalent to Dragon Age and Oblivion. That sounds pretty good to me.

It's probably more brand-name recognition than anything else.

Inquisition tripled BG1&2s sales. I couldn't find the data for origins, but id imagine it did at least as good as inquisition. The point here is that these other games skyrocketed or at least doubled, none of the D&D titles did.

only number i can find on origins is that it sold 3.2m in the first yr, cant get a total sales anywhere tho.
Well the gamer population grows year to year. BG 1 and 2's sales numbers for a 90's release is pretty stellar. Neverwinter Nights did well too, even through WoW was clearly a juggernaut over them. By an large WoW, owned the MMO market until FFXIV.

I'd say DnD brand games have been punching above their weight. I don't even remember Daggerdale or Icewind Dale getting much marketing, depending on their budget both could actually be successes. The Witcher series was a juggernaut in every sense of being a gaming juggernaut. Skyrim is Skyrim, it'll be a release title for Playstation 7 and XBOX 180.