Originally Posted by DragonSnooz
If you try to profit off of every goblin killed in combat it becomes tedious very fast. Sadly all the goblin bows and scimitars can't just turn to gold themselves. Normally I'd ask "How much would you value all these goblin bows". But currently I have to drag them over one by one.

Balancing purchases is the only thing the trade UI has going for it at the moment.
Not sure what's your point exactly, but one of my favorite things about how Pathfinder Kingmaker did inventory management is precisely that it actively discouraged the player from carrying around any piece of gear dropped by enemies, by making their resell value minimal while exacerbating the downsides of carrying around a lot of weight.
Given that you traveled considerably faster with a light inventory, you were actively incentivized to leave the trash loot on the ground and move on. Which mattered a lot when you had some deadline to match somewhere else.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN