Isend2 Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Poster

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

https://i.ibb.co/rFjHgtN/bg3-dual-wielded-bonus.jpg

Acidulous Embrace
One-Handed weapons deal 1d2 additional Acid damage.

Explainer
Give a per hit bonus to One-Handed weapons, so Two-Weapon Fighting + Dual Wielder can compete with Great Weapon Fighting + Great Weapon Master.

veteran
veteran
Why acid? O_o

And what is two sided dice?
(I presume its a coin ... but it still feels weird. laugh )

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
Isend2 Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman

Toss a coin to your witcher smile

I just needed 1.5 damage on average.

Made some computation, and 1.5 additional damage on average per hit should be fine to balance the game, given the items currently available.

Acid because... Why not ?

It could be a base to trigger other items, just like Fire currently triggers Circle of Fire and Ring of Fire.

What damage type would you expect ?

Last edited by Isend2; 25/12/22 06:32 PM.
veteran
veteran
Slashing / Piercing / Bludgeoning ... depending on weapon. O_o

Also, there is One Handed feat that gives you +2 to your damage ... isnt that enough?
Its not working for Dual Wield tho.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
Isend2 Offline OP
journeyman
OP Offline
journeyman
Re-using the damage type of the weapon is indeed an interesting idea.

This way the player would simply extend the damage of the weapon of its choice, which means player's choice !

--

Mixing One-Handed Fighter and Two-Weapon Fighting could work through itemization, but the cost would be a third feat on top of an item (4 prerequisites), which is a serious penalty against Great Weapon Fighting + Great Wepon Master (2 prerequisites)

--

Mixing One Armed Master and Two-Weapon Fighting could lead the player to wield a Greatsword in each hand, which seems unrealistic, excepted for a beefy barbarian.

Monkey Grip has the same problem.
https://dnd.arkalseif.info/feats/complete-warrior--61/monkey-grip--1978/

I think such builds are possible, but only with proper fantasy conditions, like: "At 20 Strengh, the Barbarian wielder ..."

--

In order to make the item described in the proposal super generic (had Rogue / Ranger in mind) and with the less dependencies as possible, I simply added flat damage on top of One-Handed weapons.

But maybe I should have targeted Dual Wielded Weapons rather than One-Handed Weapons, as in its current form the proposal could add 1.5 damage on top of the One-Handed Fighter for players using a single weapon (power creep).

Last edited by Isend2; 25/12/22 07:55 PM.
addict
addict
yeah let us use off hand weapon attacks and give us a few weapon sets for dual wielding that have unique weapon attacks for dual wielding... like the example for Very Heavy Greataxe does for two handed weapons.

Link Copied to Clipboard