I mean I get what your saying, especially about every +1 in a D20 roll counts big, but I also take into account dealing with today's gaming culture. Personally I love challenge, and hard fights that I can die in, but nowadays, people will cry like a bunch of carebears if they can't just easily beat fights. I think that is possibly a reason for the bonuses. As for the flashy, I don't have a problem that much with that kind of thing. It is just the difference between a tabletop and a 3D computer RPG. You have to make stuff a little flashy.

Also, this is after all still EA, so I will give them the benefit of the doubt that maybe these things will change during development to fine tune the rolls etc a little better. But when a poster just wants to knit pick about different types of arrows not being in 5e, or jump not being in 5e, or height advantage (which I actually like if it is just ranged classes it affects) I just don't think that really helps development overall. People have to realize that these games have to be attractive to a broader base than the 5e purebloods. Not to mention, who is right in the D&D community about what rules they should follow? I still have friends in that community and there is a good number that despise 5e. So I give Larian a little play room in regards to the rules etc that they want to implement in their game.