I was disappointed.

I know this discussion is happening in multiple threads but I wanted to give my own impressions because my feelings don't exactly mirror those expressed in the other threads. I'm not declaring myself out. I don't feel betrayed. I don't want a refund and I still have hope but, again, I'm disappointed.

The bad

* Lighting improvements are not good because it's is a sign that the devs are focusing on honing their strengths instead of dealing with their weaknesses. The game is already beautiful. The problems are with the mechanics and rule implementation. Get the fundamentals right and then polish

* The gameplay seemed cheesy -- running to the fairy ring to bring the rest of the party to the fight seemed like an exploit of engine limitations. That was a missed opportunity because the hag fight can be won without cheese

* I was hoping for more content. I knew a new area was a long shot but at the bare minimum I was expecting to see both the druid and paladin classes introduced. Announcing the druid class didn't feel like a "big thing" at all. It's a core class, of course it's going to show up eventually.

* I didn't hear any mention of the issues most important to this community: movement mechanics, rule implementation and party size

* Hard to separate from ^ but I was annoyed that they brought in WotC to okay their rule changes. Another missed opportunity, was hoping for another "we listened to you on ___" statement. Like they did with cantrip surfaces

* The "this game has to ship sometime" comment worries me

The good

* Bug fixes

* Smaller downloads

* Attention to realms lore -- the flaming fist now has the correct coat of arms

* More staff means more people getting paychecks and, hopefully, less wait time between patches

* I'm glad loaded dice is being implemented as an optional feature

* I liked seeing the cow getting scratched and petted.

Last edited by KillerRabbit; 18/02/21 08:54 PM.