Originally Posted by Tarorn
I think people just need to realise that every developer has their own take/vision on how a game should be played & there's not a lot we can do to change that.

Personally I love any D&D games but I just try to think this is a sandbox game for this particular studio/developer- sure it will have D&D rules but they will not be perfect - who cares? so long as the game is enjoyable, engaging, has D&D spells, monsters, characters etc thats all I want.

I just try to enjoy the game within the confines of what's been provided - RTWP or Turn Based, cool downs whatever - you just adapt to the particular game developers rules within the wider D&D ruleset & learn how to play & enjoy the game - its not so hard.
I for one am currently fixing my expectations. After the recent Patch 4 video/show, where not a word was said about the rule implementation, I am coming to terms with the fact it isn't exactly 5e (but still pretty close to it) so I can focus on... just enjoying what it is.
It is a Larian adventure game set in the Forgotten Realms universe.

Just like many other cRPGs before that did not use pure D&D rules.
My initial expectations were screwed when I saw WotC backing it directly and working closely with Larian I was told. In practice, they have carte blanche; fair enough.

I'll just roll with it, enjoy it for what it is, and not bother commentating in a way that hopes for a closer 5e implementation (i.e. commentating instead on what it is within the confines of its own ruleset).

Last edited by Baraz; 20/02/21 02:01 AM.