Originally Posted by Scribe
Originally Posted by TripleKill
Dnd is a game too afterall so you dont need to expect everything to make sense..but yes you can officially stuff some food in your mouth as a free action.

What page has the total healing per food eaten? All I can find is its relation to exhaustion...

All those less necessary stuff is usually in GM guide, I remember a part for drinks not sure about the food. So its at DM's discression as usual I suppose.

Originally Posted by spectralhunter
Originally Posted by TripleKill
Dnd is a game too afterall so you dont need to expect everything to make sense..

See, that's a bit of a cop out. Just because it's a game doesn't mean everything is acceptable or anything should be possible. Surely, the game mechanics need to be grounded in reality somewhere. The ability to eat and heal HP in the middle of combat breaks the suspension of disbelief a bit too much.

And I partially agree those but not all..sometimes we go too far, it totally makes sense not being able to eat during combat but there it is on the book. You loose some and win some while going from table top to digital game so thats one of those. Showing is an action in PnP but again it can also knock your enemy prone. We dont have that..we also dont have grapple which if u succeed u can keep moving half ur speed and ttack aswell..its just complicated stuff.

From all the discussion above I would only agree with high grounds shouldn't give advantage.. it should provide half cover (+2 AC) for ranged.. and backstab being available if u r higher than your enemy is out of nowhere..Although again in PHB if your enemy has 1 melee target u r entitled to use it where as in game it requires 2melees other than you.