Originally Posted by spectralhunter
Originally Posted by Tuco
These people seem to live under the delusion that if you leave this forum the love is universal and unconditional.

I can get on pretty much any internet board someone could think of, voice my complaints about the game and I can tell you before even doing it that there will be a certain numbers of users willing to agree with me, some of which didn't even think about the issue until it was pointed to them.
There will also be people with other grievances on their own and different priorities.

And then of course there will be a large portion of people that are pretty much "the ground zero of expectations" and that they will always be basically fine with anything that looks sufficiently nice and doesn't explicitly BREAK APART during a gameplay session.

If anyone wants them to be their target audience, be my guest. Just don't be surprised when everyone else will comment that the result blows asses as if blowing ass was no one else's business.

I tend to agree with you. But I have to wonder if Larian is making the right decision to basically cater to the masses with "ground zero of expectations"? It's the easy way out and probably the most profitable. I mean, can the vocal complainers, who may very well be in the minority, truly change the direction of a game? Has there ever been a case?

Depends what you mean by right. Right for profit? Yeah, it probably is. Nowadays the target is probs BW's following, and as we can see from BG3 itself Larian already seemingly finds it easier to follow the Dragon Age format than the OGs'. So yeah, they don't really need to make a good Baldur's Gate, or indeed a Bladur's Gate, out of BG3 to sell well.