Ok first I had no Paladin when I recruited the trolls. I don't know about you all but changing my companions for the situation I'm going into is common for me. Second I tested this out some (the situation with the owlbear cub) even without summoning Lump and gang in one of the playthroughs of the fight the gobbo's set some stuff on fire as gobbo's love to do. One of their little fire bombs did damage to the cub, causing it to agro me ??????? Which ended with the same result. Broken Oath.

So after my initial rage fest over this I still feel it is broken. I just threw Lazel in and let her kill, to not have a broken oath over a broken quest/encounter.

The whole thing is a little complex if you want the Owlbear cub in your camp, as it should be. But if I can kill the cub with the mother without suffering an Oath break incident, why when it dies later in the Goblin Camp fight should I have an Oath break incident? Then end result is the same (dead Owlbear cub) in either case it's just how you got there. While that does make a difference the ONLY class to get a negative affect is the Paladin even if you don't use the Oger's and the cub gets hurt in anyway. (The cub goes red and attacks if it get's injured in the fight even if it is not by any action the characters take)

Test it yourselves, I did 10 times in total. Every time the cub is injured it gets aggressive and attacks, from that point there is only one outcome for a Paladin.

Broken Oath.

Last edited by Ashvins; 06/09/23 04:02 PM.