Originally Posted by DragonSnooz
Actually it would be good to start finding ways to figure out which of these may be a keystone issue. Should we start asking to have forum members respond with what they feel is the order of biggest to smallest issue?

Definitely. Everything is intertwined, and changing one thing will definitely affect the balance of the others in some way. But the extent of the actual changes vary from mechanic to mechanic, which is why I've singled out stuff like eating in combat, barrelmancy, and field effects (outside of using shocking grasp on puddles of water to cause stun with no save) as low priority. Enough that if the other things were addressed first, then everything else mentioned in the giant walls of text might not even need to be adjusted. I realize that if you take the list at face value, it sounds like a lot is wrong with the game, when in reality it's really just 2 or 3 really, really major issues.

Right now my priority list is the following.

1) High ground advantage/low ground disadvantage changed to +2 AC attacking from low ground to high ground
2) Backstab advantage nuked or changed to some kind of flanking system
3) Bonus action Disengage changed to standard action (note that I did not say bonus action Jump, I think Jump should be left alone, it's the Disengage part that is the real issue)
4) Threaten range being too large (should just be tied to whether or not an enemy is able to opportunity attack), and get rid of 'Target Too Close'
--Probably optional if the above four are addressed first--
5) Bonus action Shove changed to standard action

If Larian is able to get player controlled reactions and ready actions into the game, I'd place them between number 2 and 3 on my list.

Last edited by Saito Hikari; 22/02/21 03:09 AM.