As far as i recall Larian had a couple of difficulty modes introduced for DOS2 with different stats, AI behaviour and set of skills for enemies, so I have the feeling they are planning to balance iterations on encounters anyway, they build it as sandbox system which i think means they can make tweaks globally without literally going into each of these encounters (though they need to test these all to make sure everything works well which is enourmous work for all encounters designed i agree). So in case they make some regular Dnd rules mode/toggles hopefully there will be a fitting difficulty mode to it.
Regarding jumping to be micromanaged I do not understand either why it has not been designed that you click at your destination and your char jumps automatically (if you have enough skill/stat) if something is in the way or you cannot get there by climbing/walking, but probably there is a reason (maybe an engine limitation) for that? I can probably live with that if that remains unchanged, its just feels strangely overcomplicated.