Maybe I missunderstand but I can't see the point.

Why would you prone if you can dodge ? Then don't implement dodge ? What about melee that cannot prone ? Then implement prone as a bonus action and dodge as an action ? Why would we change anything to highground if you can prone each turn nearly for free...?

Dodge should be implemented as an action but this is not especially related to highground. On the other hand I don't understand the idea of self prone... It wouldn't solve any specific issues related to highground.

At the moment highground is the god mode.
Advantage for you + disadvantage for your ennemies + you can often hide behind a wall or fall back a bit to break your ennemy's lign of sight.

The prone thing is the exact same system as now except that it cost "something" to have the "+ disadvantage for your ennemies". If it cost a bonus action it will not be tactical at all but something you do at each turn. If it cost an action it has the same effect than dodge...

According to me highround should just give a bonus to Attack roll - or AC - or a reduction to downer target - and nothing more (except maybe a bonus to your range, field of view).

Last edited by Maximuuus; 22/02/21 09:13 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus