Originally Posted by Saito Hikari
Originally Posted by alwayswrong
Same people forcing same ideas on every threads. And pretend that this is the only way to do (like this dos2 tactic description). This is what utterly depressing.

Admittedly my description is actually one of the more complicated tactics suited for a full party.

If you were to ask other veterans, you’d get these answers most of the time.

1) Use Pyroclastic Flow. That’s it.

2) Use Blood Rain + Grasp of the Starved.

3) Have a full ranged or a full physical party. This is encouraged by how the armor system works.

There is a common pattern in most tactics though. They abuse high ground and stealth ambush mechanics.
Just there much more options, even imbalanced options. So saying that there only one way, and all other is 5 times worse, is untrue at least.

1) Five star Diner talent which double effect of every potions. You will have 100% dodge chance, 150% + resist all elemental resist without any downside.
2) Living on the edge scrolls. 2 turn immortality and you can recast as many you want. You can exchange your 1 hp vs full hp bosses or equlise to deal 50% of armor\hp damage, and always be under 100% more dmg with death wish buff.
3) Torturer talent with roots (pierce magic armor) make every melee enemy useless for 3 turn. With smoke bomb, ranged disabled too.
4) Ambidextrous talent and teleport scroll, and you can stack 6 enemies in one spot in one turn with adrenaline. Cast pyroclast source skill and fight done.
5) Swap surface skill with lava. In act2 wolf boss and ogre dying instanly.
And there a lot more, like charm enemies for 2-4 turn with grenades with huge aoe, which is lame, but there no limitation for it.

So am i really can say that the only way to play dos2 is swapping surface with lava and teleport enemies into it or being immune to dmg, or just charm enemies?! For me, no. Game have a lot more strategies. Even this pattern "Have a full ranged or a full physical party. This is encouraged by how the armor system works". For me it sound same as "why i need think in tactical game, if i can put death fog barrel and break it". I completed game with phys archer and fire mage, just 2 char without lone wolfs, and it was easy all time without any source skills.