Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
BeeBee Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
So it looks like Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 just jumped developers, entering development hell for at least another two years... and my biggest fear is that the new studio is Larian, chosen because of their sexy vampire / loss of humanity BG3 storyline.

As much as I love both franchises, I'm praying to the gods and the Elders that it's not Larian, who has already one massive legacy RPG project to deliver.

Although, like the Kombucha girl, if it was Larian bringing branching, dialogue and voice actors to the VtM table... I might be willing to wait for another five years.

UGH anticipation is such a cruel master.

veteran
veteran
VtM is going to be DoA and we're all SoL laugh

I REALLY hope it's awesome though! I'm just pessimistic

Last edited by Boblawblah; 24/02/21 02:33 AM.
BeeBee Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
I'm not crying, you are crying T_T

BeeBee Offline OP
enthusiast
OP Offline
enthusiast
The fear and paranoia partially comes from the Pannel from Hell announcement that they had hired a bunch of people and opened more studios to be able to develop on a 24/7 cycle... which to my supsicious mind either signals a huge investment or a huge project, besides BG3.

Gnng.

S
addict
addict
S
I saw they fired the lead's some time ago, but I never saw why?

Pretty sure that project is dead now.

veteran
veteran
It could be worse wink

veteran
veteran
Who knows, Maybe Larian will inherit Bloodlines, and then BG3 will be given to someone that's interested in making a D&D game.

R
enthusiast
enthusiast
R
This is not a BG3 thread. I am not a moderator, just saying.

addict
addict
Why would it go to Larian? They make mostly turn based tactical RPGs. Vampire: The Masquerade is an action RPG. Completely different style of game.

Last edited by SaurianDruid; 24/02/21 05:55 AM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by SaurianDruid
Why would it go to Larian? They make mostly turn based tactical RPGs. Vampire: The Masquerade is an action RPG. Completely different style of game.

Larian did make action RPGs before. They even made a RTS. It's not like the DOS games are the only games they have ever made.

That said, this thread is silly. If Larian randomly acquired another project out of nowhere, they would have announced it by now. They already straight up pulled the plug on Divinity: Fallen Heroes in favor of BG3. Larian is more likely to be simultaneously working on another DOS project, restarting development on Fallen Heroes, or hopefully building an entirely new engine for an inevitable sequel to BG3.

Last edited by Saito Hikari; 24/02/21 06:02 AM.
veteran
veteran
Bloodlines 2 is a sad topic for me. Bloodlines is for me the best game ever made, great story, some of the best npcs, I ever encountered (Gary Golden or Beckett for example) and a really nice atmosphere.
That they fired the mastermind Brian Mitsoda in the new project, did put a damper on my enthusiasm.
So my hopes are: whatever studio is going to take over Bloodlines 2, I hope, they'll bring back Mitsoda and his great writing.
I love to talk about Bloodlines a lot more, but I guess, this topic will probably be moved to general chat.

Last edited by fylimar; 24/02/21 06:43 AM.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
old hand
old hand
I don't think it would go to larian? BG3 made sense cause Larian has had a lot of success with 3rd person isometric rpgs, Bloodlines is a first person action rpg. While companies sometimes do something away from their specialty or they diversify, I don't think VTM would be the property for them to diversify on. Additionally, BG3 is a BIG project, so they likely could not afford to take on another large project like that.

U
stranger
stranger
U
Originally Posted by Boblawblah

You might consider going slowly on acronyms, people are reading you and I have no idea what you just wrote.

U
stranger
stranger
U
Originally Posted by CJMPinger
I don't think it would go to larian? BG3 made sense cause Larian has had a lot of success with 3rd person isometric rpgs, Bloodlines is a first person action rpg. While companies sometimes do something away from their specialty or they diversify, I don't think VTM would be the property for them to diversify on. Additionally, BG3 is a BIG project, so they likely could not afford to take on another large project like that.

You could take a look at divinity and divinity ego draconis, they are Larian's first games and are first person action rpgs. They are really good, if you have some time you can try them. smile

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Umsche
Originally Posted by CJMPinger

You could take a look at divinity and divinity ego draconis, they are Larian's first games and are first person action rpgs. They are really good, if you have some time you can try them. smile

I did not know that, I have one of them but haven't started it yet. I have mostly been familiar with the Original Sin Series, but I will retract my statement on diversifying. However I do maintain that they have a really big project right now, it is unlikely they would be handed the property while they are working on BG3 and if they are handed it, it could be a bad idea as they could be stretched thin even with expanding their company.

B
Banned
Banned
B
IF Vampire BL2 goes to Larian you can Kiss your vampire rules bye bye. But i am sure they get someone from former WHite Wolf to approve why vampire are now in Daylight fighting. And sure it will have NOTHING to do with their engine not able to deal with a simple day night cycle.

Last edited by Baldurs-Gate-Fan; 24/02/21 07:26 AM.
Banned
Banned
Originally Posted by Umsche
Originally Posted by Boblawblah

You might consider going slowly on acronyms, people are reading you and I have no idea what you just wrote.

context is key. only takes a moment.

VTM = vampyre the masquerade
DOA = dead on arrival
SOL = s*** out of luck.

I read it just fine?

I
old hand
old hand
I
I highly doubt that Larian has currently the capacity to develop a second game. They are already struggling with BG3.

Also, while the chaos surrounding Bloodlines 2 is regrettable, its not that the original studio was doing a great job either, so its not all that much of a loss.
Its strange how all WOD games seem to be cursed....

Last edited by Ixal; 24/02/21 08:20 AM.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Baldurs-Gate-Fan
IF Vampire BL2 goes to Larian you can Kiss your vampire rules bye bye. But i am sure they get someone from former WHite Wolf to approve why vampire are now in Daylight fighting. And sure it will have NOTHING to do with their engine not able to deal with a simple day night cycle.
You don't need a day/night cycle. In Bloodlines it was always night, which makes sense, since your character will never run around in daylight.
Plus, they simplified the rules in the first game too, so it's not as if it were a totally faithful adaption of the pen & paper version. It still is one of the best games for me.

"We are all stories in the end. Just make it a good one."

Doctor Who
veteran
veteran
Larian has their hands busy, and will have their hands busy for some time. Bloodlines is also a completely different type of a game (no matter if you point to original or what was shaping up).

Bloodlines2 seemed to be troubled for quite some time. So far the game was flashing all the warning signs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard