Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by Nyloth
Well Maximuuus and Scribe already here... yep.

That's OK, you don't need to apply any thought to the mechanics of the game, nobody is forcing you to.

E
addict
addict
E
Originally Posted by Warlord999
Hi,

Game is already better than previous Baldur gate games (same as any Original sin games were superior), please continue on the same path despite the heavy criticism.

Few unhappy <link redacted by mods> forum dwellers here are a very small minority, a tiny one at that.

Can't wait to play the druid and next Act.
[/i]

Good for you but sorry I find that a bit laughable, we don't even have the complete game to compare it to the original ones. It would probably help make your posts less abrasive if you liberally sprinkled your posts with 'in my opinion' rather than stating things as an apparent fact.

Granted there are probably a handful of posts which have maybe gone overboard in their criticism but being negative or providing constructive criticism is not 'toxic'. Some people don't even know the meaning of the word.

Also, nobody is asking for a replica of a 20 year old game.

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by Scribe
Just wanted to voice my support for the dev team direction of the game.

What is the direction of the game? What about the mechanics provide a breadth of options and tactical depth? Do you feel that the balance of the game is improved with a swath of items and effects which replace or render obsolete Race, and Class abilities in addition to spells?

I played it once when it came out and it was a lot of fun for EA, that's what matters to me.

Only criticism that I had was to have more dialogue options, more consequences, more fleshed out characters and evil guys with an actual (undestrnable) agenda. I am more into story & roleplaying stuff rather than fighting.

This thread wasn't about concrete mechanics and such, but considering that developers are getting DDOS attacked and hacked by disgruntled players made me say out loud that game is good and they shouldn't lose hope.

LOL people are hacking the Devs?! That's.... some kinda crazy.

Glad to hear you enjoy the story. Most of us are not providing feedback on that at all, but some people continue to be unable to accept anything but glowing adoration about the game without feeling personally attacked. Quite odd.

E
addict
addict
E
Originally Posted by Saito Hikari
I feel like I'm the only person in the past week who made a positive thread about the game WITHOUT taking jabs at people. Guys, it's not hard to simply NOT speak to optimistic people or people even slightly critical of the game like both sides are in some goddamn war, but apparently certain Reddit types sure love to do it while patting themselves on the back for being 'non-toxic'. I'm not entirely sure this thread popping up right after this being posted on the Reddit is a coincidence either.

Making something like this thread and faking an implied moral superiority ain't going to work. People are smart enough to see what you're doing with their own two eyes.

The voice of reason, thank you.

S
addict
addict
S
You know you've made it when a youtuber shows your posts.

We did it mom!

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Scribe: you are being noticeably abrasive on this thread. I suggest that you tone it down or step away.

I'm not entirely sure this thread popping up right after this being posted on the Reddit is a coincidence either.
I was tickled pink that one of the screenshots of the general forum showed a post that I had commented on... It was like, "YEAH! I'm in there..." albeit for half a second, or less...
Seriously though, that video made some good points about people not approaching this like a work in progress and complaining too loudly about too many things. Even if this game never gets even 1/5th of the things that I want to have in it, I think it is still going to be a helluva game... I'm proud of Larian for the progress that they've made on it so far, and I'm going to be eagerly waiting to see what the path forward looks like and where the journey will eventually take us.

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by Sadurian
Scribe: you are being noticeably abrasive on this thread. I suggest that you tone it down or step away.

Sure no problem, I'll ignore when I'm specifically called out.

veteran
veteran
This thread wasn't about concrete mechanics and such, but considering that developers are getting DDOS attacked and hacked by disgruntled players made me say out loud that game is good and they shouldn't lose hope.

I think you should provide a link for that. I've not seen any evidence that is true and I suspect it may be unfounded rumor.

addict
addict
People have to be able to take criticism without being childish. The point of playing EA is to provide feedback for the game to improve.

veteran
veteran
Guys, it's not hard to simply NOT speak to optimistic people or people even slightly critical of the game like both sides are in some goddamn war, but apparently certain Reddit types sure love to do it while patting themselves on the back for being 'non-toxic'[/url]. I'm not entirely sure this thread popping up right after is a coincidence either. And it is insanely disappointing to see a supposed content creator engaging in that behavior too.

What @Saito Hikari said. The reddit mods deleted the youtube thread and this seems like an attempt to continue a conversation that was shut down elsewhere.

As others have said, it's form of passive aggression merging with in group / out group processes:

[Linked Image from simplypsychology.org]

S
addict
addict
S
I meant people who want 1:1 copies of old BG games and are closed to any new mechanic or similarities to Original sin games.

Those people were largely confined to now locked specific threads. Though some of those people no doubt are still vocal critics, the criticisms now ISN'T on core mechanics that aren't going to change (with good reason I might add). Nor is the criticisms simply because of similarities to Original Sin as you state in your attempt to invalidate criticism you don't agree with. It is a more valid and reasoned criticism on Larian "cheese"/homebrew more simple gameplay features that are *objectively* more clunky, less immersive and less balanced than D&D alternatives.

You come off as a hypocrite on this and do nothing to bring the positivity you pretend to champion.

veteran
veteran
The whole point of the EA period is to provide feedback. This is the time to critique the game, not after it's already out. Blind faith results in CP2077.

In the ideal world, everybody simply posts what they like or don't like in the game, and these posts are tallied up to give the developers a sense of what aspects of might need changing, improving upon, or stronger emphasis on. Discussion happens, but it is oriented toward figuring out what the best changes (or lack of) to the game are. Obviously this won't happen because the internet is a hellscape. But criticizing people for providing their opinions on the game is unhelpful at best. If you disagree with a poster's opinions about [mechanic a], then explain why you think [mechanic a] is good/bad.

I'm stealing that image, as it pertains so perfectly to so many things (especially politics)... but, you're right. This feels a lot like an attempt to stir the pot and create controversy where there wasn't much to begin with just because the last attempt to stir the pot elsewhere got headed off at the pass.

N
N
tbh, i think this thread should be locked/removed and i would say that too about other threads that may be considered inflammatory from the other perspective (ie. 'great game keep going' v 'im out' sentiments). the op did adjust their initial post once asked by mods, but idk if the overall intent of this thread (or others) has changed much or if constructive discussions will appear here with out devolving further among posters.

to a point i think ppl should be free to voice their feedback for the game in the forums, regardless if the feedback is of either the positive or negative 'venting' categories, and obvs its difficult for the mods to gauge intent/tone via forum boards, but feedback also should largely be focused on the merits of the current ea build/mechanics and less of the arguing in bad faith category that i feel has been cropping up more frequently by both the folks from the 'blessed homeland' and the 'barbarous wastes' (lol great cartoon killerrabbit wink ). i also get how this post may seem inflammatory too (not my intention in the slightest), so ill defer to the mods if i may have stepped out of line.

*also, bc its somewhat overdue given ~6months into ea, but shout out to the mods - vometia and sadurian are the two most active i see here so ill highlight them, but much love fam for working to keep this place in order and tolerating all of us lol smile *

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Originally Posted by nation
tbh, i think this thread should be locked/removed
Agreed.

Should anyone else wish to start a thread that appears to be an excuse to stir up bad-tempered argument, that will also get locked. Discuss your opinions like civilised adults or find somewhere else to interact.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard