Originally Posted by mr_planescapist
Have you played and finished BG1 and BG2? Did you like these games?
Yes Larian got the rights for the NAME and LORE but do you really feel the current game is a modern improvement of the older games?
Yep. I've played BG2 a lot when it came out. There was plenty of criticism back then, regarding how they implemented rules, spells, classes, enemies (especially enemies like the demiliches) etc. Don't asume that BG fans are monolith who came out playing the series with the same impressions.

BG3 is very different graphic-wise and I dislike the terrible party control scheme, but for me it does bring back that low level fantasy adventure BG1 had and BG2 lost somewhere along the way. And I think it BG3 does improve on some aspects, like for example: being able to talk to animals as a shapeshifted druid (shapeshifting in BG1 was so disappointing), rogue play (in both BG1 and 2 enemy rogues can basically backstab you in the face, unlike your own rogues) and enemy design (so far I have not encountered any enemies using cheesy scripted sequences like e. g. Shandalar in BG1).

Honestly, I have to wonder how many people here remember the fan feedback on Kangaxx when BG2 came out.

Edit: And of course how could I forget my favourite piece of questionable BG2 design: Arkanis Gath. wink

Last edited by ash elemental; 25/02/21 10:09 AM.