Okay, I can tell you SOMETHING is happening. And I don't understand WHAT. My mind hurts trying to make sense of this at all.

Test 1:

- UI preview shows this as a normal roll.
- Slightly moving the mouse downwards on the enemy model, with my character standing in the SAME SPOT, suddenly previews as an advantage roll???

(Fun fact: The same principle that I imply above could actually be used to great effect in DOS2. If you tried to aim at an enemy but the preview showed that your arrow would be blocked by a narrow pillar or something, you could try ‘fishing’ around the enemy model until you find the pixel perfect angle for the game to let you snipe at them. Even if it was a foot barely sticking out.

This principle made it easier for Dwarves to avoid line of sight from enemy archers, while simultaneously making them the worst archers in theory. But only slightly.)

Test 2:

- I moved slightly downwards to a point where the UI tells me I would not have advantage while attacking.
- The actual attack roll tells me I performed the attack at advantage anyway.

So it's hard to draw any conclusions as to what, at all, actually changed. Only that the attack preview can't really be trusted now when it comes to making attacks from height around the thresh holds. I may need to find a different non-hovering target. But that will have to wait until after I come home from work in another half a day.

I am getting very close to declaring this as a mostly UI bug, but it does feel like something did actually change at the same time. In order for us to even conclude that the actual breakpoints actually did change at all, we'd need to find someone still playing in Patch 3 to make a direct comparison with. I would roll back to the previous version myself if I have to, once you find a suitable location that I can easily access.

Well, looks like I'm staying on these forums a bit longer, because chasing down stuff like this is a legitimately interesting change of pace from the usual doomposting arguments. I guess now is as good a time to say this again, and you all know I've never used this phrase in a joking ironic manner.

Programming is hard.

Last edited by Saito Hikari; 26/02/21 09:32 AM.