Originally Posted by S2PHANE
So are we stuck with this lot? Karlach and Helia are rumored to be the next additions and both seem to have a well written story that I can't wait to delve deeper into.
I just hope we get more companions down the road when we reach Baldurs Gate, noninfected ones.

This is one incident when more isn't necessarily better. The more companions we get, the less embellished and interesting each will likely be.

The companions have a vested interest in banding together when they are all part of the same larger whole with seemingly intertwined fates. I wouldn't mind "non-infected" companions as long as they have a really compelling reason to trust their lives in the hands of people who are transforming into brain-sucking monsters. One of them already a blood-sucking monster, another who is liable to explode, two devil spawns, a member of an evil and brutal race who sees all others as inferior, a disciple of an evil goddess of death and deceit.

constantly seeing my companions disagree with my choices because I'm roleplaying a certain character is pretty annoying

Yet we want choices to matter (for better or for worse), and real companions instead of zombie-esque followers. Clearly there is a balance to be had and Larian already made the companions more agreeable (perhaps at a little loss to their edgy personalities). Perhaps approval changes could be given in a less mechanical, and perceivably less condemning way. Would "frowns", be better than "disapproves" on a psychological level I wonder? wink

I know alignments aren't really a thing in BG3, save the reactions from your companions so having at least 2 options to choose from every class would be grand. Good, Neutral and Evil is enough, we don't have to go into Lawful, True / Neutral and Chaotic because I can't even imagine how much work would go into the nuances of programming and writting. eek

I dislike this mechanical tick box checklist approach many has to roleplaying. Like following some sort of holy formula handed down from Noah's Ark where two of everything, every race, class and alignment (which WotC impressed upon Larian to tune down for ideological reasons), and preferably a larger party allowing us to play more of these combinations at once, makes bliss.

I want interesting, contrasting personalities, that despite common fates have their own and conflicting agencies. This was the essence of the original series more than the large (and largely uninteresting) cast.