Originally Posted by Pandemonica
I just wish if people wanted that, they were at least just upfront about it rather than come up with the argument "Oh VA work is so much more expensive, and so much more work" which in todays development realm, is not true.
Still, whenever factual or not (who knows what is a cause and what is an effect), games with higher production value, including full VO and more work intensive presentation, also a more constrained and restrictive when it comes to player choice, game's reactivity etc. It was bad and didn't work before, why would it now? Of course, there is always a chance that Larian will do full character VO, and there will be enough choice to support roleplaying and will overall, be simple superb. I had my doubts when Witcher3 went openworld, as storydriven game like that didn't seem like a good fit. Turns out it was easily the best on of the series, using openworld in a way that was beneficial to it. Maybe Larian can do the same with VO - but that would be the first one. (again, not that VO is bad in itself).