Originally Posted by S2PHANE
Originally Posted by Danielbda
Don't remember what people have datamined about Helia, but isn't Karlach a Fighter? Another one?
I hope the devs at Larian know that party composition is fundamental in a D&D game, and it'll change according to your MC class. There should not be more than one companion with the same class before there are companions for all classes.
With a bit of research we can narrow it down to either Paladin or Barbarian. Chubblot came to the conclusion that Karlach is a Barbarian, due to her armor and the explanation we get from the Paladins of Tyr in the Tollhouse (she can tear people in half, etc.) and Helia datamine is only in the form of voice lines but she is supposed to be a werewolf. I agree with you on the last part. You can watch the Chubblot video and draw your own conclusions.

Originally Posted by Seraphael
The companions have a vested interest in banding together when they are all part of the same larger whole with seemingly intertwined fates. I wouldn't mind "non-infected" companions as long as they have a really compelling reason to trust their lives in the hands of people who are transforming into brain-sucking monsters. One of them already a blood-sucking monster, another who is liable to explode, two devil spawns, a member of an evil and brutal race who sees all others as inferior, a disciple of an evil goddess of death and deceit.

I know we want our characters well written and with good motives, but sometimes the promise of glory or gold is good enough for motivation, theres no shortage of mercenaries in Faerun and Aradin comes to mind, what if we could hire him as a helping hand in our exploits down the line? Maybe we already bounced into a whole lot of potential companions and we don't know it?

Originally Posted by Seraphael
constantly seeing my companions disagree with my choices because I'm roleplaying a certain character is pretty annoying

Yet we want choices to matter (for better or for worse), and real companions instead of zombie-esque followers. Clearly there is a balance to be had and Larian already made the companions more agreeable (perhaps at a little loss to their edgy personalities). Perhaps approval changes could be given in a less mechanical, and perceivably less condemning way. Would "frowns", be better than "disapproves" on a psychological level I wonder? wink
No, no you misunderstand me mate. I didn't say that it bothered me in a sense of a mechanic, but only and exclusively in roleplaying sense. I like that they have their own morals, history and personalities but I'd like to go a different route with each playthrough when the full release comes out and constantly having these starter companions for the duration of the whole game would be, I feel, so detrimental to the gameplay experience that I'd drop it after two runs. There's only so much depth you can go to with a character and that is where some variety would be a welcome thing. If Lae'zel or Shadowheart kept their current personalities up to Act 2/3 I feel like I'd want to strangle them. laugh

tell me you're joking with the werewolf...are you kidding me? A vampire AND a werewolf? I already think the companions act like edgy teenagers enough, no need to throw in twilight thoughts laugh