Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Innateagle
Damn, that Hellknight character sounds very awesome, and it suddenly made me remember Kingmaker is one of the few games that i can think of where evil doesn't equate stupid(most of all for the MC). Probably gonna fire it up as soon as i'm done with BG3.

Yeah, Pathfinder also handles the concept of the evil alignment very well, maybe because the writing also seems to recognize that lawful evil types can exist outside of sympathetic antagonists. Otherwise it’s straight up chaotic evil all the way with most other RPGs.

The discourse around the evil alignment is so bad that you have people straight up questioning if characters like Nok-Nok and the Hellknight actually are supposed to be evil rather than neutral. There may be an argument for Nok-Nok, but the hellknight’s introduction is about as unambiguous and perhaps as necessary from his point of view as you can get.

(Really, I thought I would hate the Hellknight, but he’s written with actual nuance and logic. He leans way more into the lawful aspect than evil.)

old hand
old hand
Such a tasteless joke Beeb

Optimistically Apocalyptic
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Dexai

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

edit: got it:) thanks

Last edited by Boblawblah; 03/03/21 10:50 PM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Pandemonica
I am simply stating it does not make any sense at all, to have complete negative approval for 2 characters, that then want to initiate the romance option simply because they are the same sex, and have the SH option, with all positive approval not. There is a bug or balance issue there.
Maybe it is like the rival path in DA2? If not, some conversation or dream sequence is being considered more important than what you want to happen. Have you tested with her using a female character and making the exact same choices?

Originally Posted by KillerRabbit
I think I'm just better at preventing romance than most people. In my current playthrough neither Astarian or Lae'zel wanted to sleep with me. I don't mean to brag but I'm pretty good at this in real life as well.
It could be that some things are buggy still and also rely on certain things happening at certain times while in camp that tend to be overridden by others. Never had any companion proposition me so far in any of my playthroughs. Maybe I am doing something right? smile

Originally Posted by Etruscan
Originally Posted by divideby8
Unless it is narratively purposive, romance has no place in a video game.
I agree completely but they seem to have quite a bit of emphasis in the game? Can we assume Larian think it’s an important and appealing game mechanic?
Originally Posted by Scribe
I feel I'm alone in not bothering at all with this.

I just want to play a game, and play through a story?
No, you are far from alone. Personally I hold no interest in in-game romances and cinematic sex scenes.

Ideally I feel that if you’re going to include romances in a game like this, then they they should be an embellishment at most, not integral, not in-your-face and ultimately should feel natural, not something that is prevalent from the get-go. I find it a bit problematic that the game assumes I want to pursue a romance by making the companions want to jump my bones so soon. Granted I haven’t played the recent patch so am not sure how the romance options work now.
I have no interest in this stuff either. Even less if it feels in your face, would rather have an obvious flirt dialogue option that would kick off this stuff for the people that are interested in it. Glad there is a skip cinematics option in the games that have this. Of course, I always end up preferring npcs that are not romance options in most games. I can explain to myself that at the party there are drunk companions with less inhibitions, which makes it have a slight bit of sense, however I have never had any of the companions actually want to sleep with me there. Now if I could just modify the stupid "who do you dream of" part to be something other than what it is.

Last edited by Zarna; 03/03/21 09:28 PM.
old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Boblawblah
https://i.imgur.com/UIWXBQU.mp4

edit: can we not link gifs directly without having to click to see them?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

You have to change the file format from .mp4 to .gif and it works

Last edited by Dexai; 03/03/21 10:28 PM. Reason: experimentation and explanation

Optimistically Apocalyptic
veteran
veteran
@Dexai, thanks smile

enthusiast
enthusiast
Well welll WELL, I didn't know we could link gifs! This completely changes the game.

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Astarion's DELICIOUS romance path:

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard