Could have left us with OP cantrips if the rest of the game won't be D&D then. To extrapolate, it greatly impacts what the fan feedback should be and what Larian should implement from that feedback what the end product is supposed to look like. And to the extent there's lack of clarity from Larian, it makes it hard to give feedback. And then people get frustrated. Like the wrong thing could have been implemented because most of the fans were confused about what the game was even supposed to be then the entire thing becomes worse for it.

Like right now I'm freaking out how druids have been nerfed to the ground and it's not clear if this is intentional or if Larian is working on it with regard to, for instance, controlling concentration spells that existed before you wild shaped. With slightly better communication, I wouldn't be worried because I'd know one way or the other, whether I liked the outcome or not. As it is, I'm looking at the possibility of a good outcome or a bad outcome, so I experience some level of anxiety.

And you may say, well, they never promised they would implement it this way. But in a sense, by saying they're trying to do 5e, with some changes, you don't expect major core class functions to be dead. And controlling concentration spells while wild shaped, for instance, is a very core druid feature. This is actually the first time I ever felt really nervous about this game's development so far. Like lighting people on fire with a cantrip isn't that big of a deal comparatively to me, as that's just sort of a damage function feature. This is about how you play and strategize as the class. It takes a class that's interesting and requires a lot of thought and actually gives it fewer options in beast mode than a fighter. I don't think it's a hyperbole to say if the implementation of call lightning is screwed up, you're not playing a druid.

Last edited by Ankou; 03/03/21 11:16 PM.