Originally Posted by Niara
Question, because I've not tested it yet... but can the druid's Deep Rothe cast dancing lights?

That's sincerely the only worthwhile reason for using that beast form.

Edit: Though it is an interesting question that I've not seen a sage advice on yet. We know that specific beats general, but between these two conflicting rules, it's had to tell exactly which one is the specific and which one is the general.

Someone should tweet Jeremy Crawford... in terms of ruling, which is the specific and which is the general: “You can’t cast spells,” (point three in Wildshape), or “Your game statistics are replaced by the statistics of the beast,” (point one in Wildshape (this is why you gain things like their multi attack and trample abilities))?

As disappointing as it sounds, I think the "General" is you inheriting all of the beasts abilities, and the "Specific" is the debarral against casting spells... but it *could* be interpreted the other way around (that the general is that you can't cast spells, but the specific is that you inherit all of the individual beat's abilities, which may include innate spellcasting), since they both appear in the same rule block.

It can cast dancing lights smile