Originally Posted by Danielbda
Originally Posted by Pandemonica
Originally Posted by Danielbda
Don't understand your post, there is no "critic scores" on GoG. If you have the game you can post a review with a score, thats it, just player scores. The players that played Solasta liked it more than the ones that played BG3.
I think this says something at least regarding gameplay.

I am not sure, do you not understand that having a higher review rating with 8 reviews (and not even that much higher of a rating), is not comparable to having a slightly less review rating with over 33k reviews? You cannot even remotely think that an accurate rating of approval shows it is a more popular game with a pool of 8 players opinions to 33k players opinions.
Don't know where those numbers are from but you are mistaking review for scores. On GoG you can post a review along with a score, but you can also rate the game without posting a review, therefore these numbers are not correct.
The difference in scores has increased actually, Solasta is now at 4.6, this on a 10 scale system would be a 9.2/10, which would mean critical acclaim.

Don't know where those numbers are from? Directly from the store pages for Baldurs Gate 3 on both Steam and GOG. It isn't hidden. So I am guessing you have never taken a statistics course in college have you? having a 4.6 with like 8 or 10 reviews cannot compare to having a 3.7 with 33k reviews. The larger the sample, the more the review score varies. You are literally trying to judge a game to meet your own view of a game, buy saying "well game A has a 4.6 rating so it is better! But it only has 10 reviews so..." The score yeah of course the number on GOG could go up, a single poster from this forum could go post a 5 star review, and it would have a substantial effect on its overall rating.

Last edited by Pandemonica; 04/03/21 09:46 PM.