Originally Posted by ash elemental
But mechanically, the game feels more clunky and unpolished then before. The pathfinding ai of the companions remains as useless as ever, but with the added issue of this new "folllow jump" feature. Now the companions will occassionally harm themselves in my game. I can't even pinpoint what exactly is happening, but suddenly a companion will be lying prone & hurt next to a ladder or a cliff.

Inventory bugs out quite often, with issues I haven't encountered in previous patches. E.g. a character's inventory will become inaccessible, and the only way to fix that is to reload. I haven't used any mods in any of my previous playthroughs, so that is not a possible cause.

Cutscenes have all sort of graphical issues, usually due to weird actor positioning, that I haven't seen before. And this happens very often.

I played patch 3 during 50 hours and patch 4 same time more or less.

I second that path finding AI is no better than it was in patch 3:
- characters don't avoid dangereous areas, or manage to fall/hurt themselves
- characters move a lot when collecting items at the same place (going one side, then another, etc...) this wasn't happening with patch 3

Not sure if related but:
- enemies sometimes get stuck and do nothing during the whole fight (they search for a move, but find none, and timeout somehow, very annoying)

I also second the inventory bug where one character has an empty inventory in Inventory pannel (but one can still access items from hotbar or equipment).

And finally I also experienced very weird cutscene cinematics, sometimes you see nothing but the leg of the character or the like...

Bugs:
- Kagha's key doesn't work.
- book in the crypt (near the crashed ship) is bugged
- sometimes dialogs stop and it isn't obvious you have to do something for it to continue (it looks stuck, but pressing space works and the dialog then continues)
- the goblin in cage near Priestress Gut disappeared from the cage
- picking locks use 2 picking tools
- disarm traps tools don't work (or I miss something)
- a character equipped with a torch has it in the back during dialogs, and the fire is on his ass...
- metal shield in goblin camp (near the goblin trader) is shown as wooden shield in the inventory
- only few shields (I could only find +2AC, one metallic, all others wooden)
- some weapons with existing profeciencies are almost impossible to find (darts?)

Wishes:
- a better battle AI, sometimes enemies are just coming one by one to get killed, instead of hiding and waiting for characters to come.
Also once the battle started, if characters hide well enough, enemies aren't actively searching for them, and just stay there.
- a way to distinguish story items from others in the inventory
- a library for books you find at the camp
- reading books should not close inventory
- jump should use remaining movement (if you jump far, it costs more)
- jump should not disengage, but disengage should be an action by itself (disengage then move, disengage then jump)
- in dialogs, one should be able to choose which character answers (and then use this character's attributes for checks)
- replace lock pick progress bar by a visual lock: visually break tools if it fails, visually open the lock in case of success
- the long rest option is weird: I'm deep in the Underdark, and suddenly I'm back to camp... at least, make a camp looking like surroundings characters are in
- random encounters: no merchants on roads, no one stealing or eating cadavers you left, no surprise attack when travelling or resting
- pile of books should contain books, barrels shouldn't contain anything but food or liquids
- equipement lack of visual variety (same specs, different aspect)

Overall, the game is definitively enjoyable, especially for an early access (I spent 115 hours on it, with different teams).
Keep going!