Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
veteran
veteran
I would like to see Tortlle ...
But im not quite sure how would they work to be honest. :-/
(You know what i mean, right? Armor + shell = mess.)

But i believe that Aasimar should be in "must have" box ... we allready have devilpeople, it would be sad to not include angelpeople. :-/

It would be also nice to include Warforged, especialy since there allready are some constructs in EA ...

If we dont get Deep Gnomes and Deep Dwarfs, i shall be very sad. frown

But im mostly looking for all kind of Gnomes, Dragonborn and Half-Orcs.
But im certainly not against litteraly any race, the more the better. smile

About classes (even tho i now see you didnt asked about them) ... well, i would certainly like to see Circle of Shepherd Druid, Oathbreaker Paladin, and War Magic Wizard.
And this ofcourse: http://dnd5e.wikidot.com/sorcerer:aberrant-mind (Funny isnt it? :D)
That is all excluding PHB races and classes, wich was all kinda promised by Larian allready. laugh

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 09/03/21 09:27 AM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
old hand
old hand
ill just stick with my top one, changeling

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by UnknownEvil
Originally Posted by Piff
I doubt we'll get the setting-specific races, like Eberron warforged, or any of the planeshift races, but chances are good someone will mod them in eventually. I'm really just hoping for all the PHB races at this point, I would really like to be able to look at and give feedback about dragonborn. (although i think dragonborn will be a big point of discussion, with many differing opinions)

Also please give us more planetouched, the aasimar and genasi.

Dragonborn are tied to genasi, period. When Toril and Abeir merged they both came to faerun. So i don't know where there is reason for a discussion. Everyone has races that he or she dislikes. That's what choices are for. But i am looking forward to those discussions laugh

Genasi has already always been in Faerun.

Last edited by Dexai; 09/03/21 10:32 AM.

Optimistically Apocalyptic
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Dexai
I doubt we'll get the setting-specific races, like Eberron warforged, or any of the planeshift races, but chances are good someone will mod them in eventually. I'm really just hoping for all the PHB races at this point, I would really like to be able to look at and give feedback about dragonborn. (although i think dragonborn will be a big point of discussion, with many differing opinions)

Dragonborn are tied to genasi, period. When Toril and Abeir merged they both came to faerun. So i don't know where there is reason for a discussion. Everyone has races that he or she dislikes. That's what choices are for. But i am looking forward to those discussions laugh

Nah,
I have been around a pretty long time and read almost all novels that are around. Genasi popped up some time. I can't even say when exactly. I think they were around before the spellplague hit (spellscars would be fun too) i give you that.

But the most recent would be the introduction of thymanther and akanut during the merging of abeir and toril. So i say if we get genasi, we get dragonborn too. But it's larians game so we will see. The more stuff we get , the harder balancing will be. More balancing = more work -> more time and money.
Thats why a lot of mmos get simpler and simpler laugh

old hand
old hand

Nah,
I have been around a pretty long time and read almost all novels that are around. Genasi popped up some time. I can't even say when exactly. I think they were around before the spellplague hit (spellscars would be fun too) i give you that.

But the most recent would be the introduction of thymanther and akanut during the merging of abeir and toril. So i say if we get genasi, we get dragonborn too. But it's larians game so we will see. The more stuff we get , the harder balancing will be. More balancing = more work -> more time and money.
Thats why a lot of mmos get simpler and simpler laugh

Pretty sure Gensai was in 3e Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide, spellplague & Dragonborn was 4e? I know spellplague was not sure about dragonborn, gensai is older for sure though. Dragonborn would be more equal to Elderin than gensai if im right.

Last edited by fallenj; 09/03/21 03:18 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
I'd love to see a cambion added as a race; preferably with sub-races from different Demon Lords.
Since, at least for now, the tieflings have three race subtypes, the cambions could have three as well.

Demogorgon Cambion
Graz'zt Cambion
Zuggtmoy Cambion

(You know, I chose these three because I thought they would be good demonic counterparts of Asmodeus, Mephistopheles and Zariel's tieflings) I especially care about the Graz'zt cambion, because he is my favorite Demon Lord, and I always have the impression that compared to other more "monstrous" Demon Lords is somewhat overlooked. I am a bit surprised, because he is a very interesting character and stands out from the crowd of other demons, both in appearance and character.

old hand
old hand
Dragonborn were added in 4e but to Faerun, the setting, they are considered completely canon. same for Genasi and in the code I think we already have skins for Genasi so they seem very very likely?

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Magicalus
I'd love to see a cambion added as a race; preferably with sub-races from different Demon Lords.
Since, at least for now, the tieflings have three race subtypes, the cambions could have three as well.

Demogorgon Cambion
Graz'zt Cambion
Zuggtmoy Cambion

(You know, I chose these three because I thought they would be good demonic counterparts of Asmodeus, Mephistopheles and Zariel's tieflings) I especially care about the Graz'zt cambion, because he is my favorite Demon Lord, and I always have the impression that compared to other more "monstrous" Demon Lords is somewhat overlooked. I am a bit surprised, because he is a very interesting character and stands out from the crowd of other demons, both in appearance and character.

i want to say the closest to a Cambion we can play as as a Player is the Feral Tiefling which has a vaguer origin of any Fiend? But I am still surprised we do not have Graz'zt and other Demon based Tieflings. Especially since Graz'zt is famous for uh having many children and grand children from mortals...

apprentice
apprentice
Yes, that's true, I'm a little surprised by that too. I hope it will change eventually, because since Graz'zt has so many children and grandchildren, it would be strange if many of them weren't living somewhere in Faerun and the player couldn't play as one of them.

I
old hand
old hand
I
Originally Posted by CJMPinger
Dragonborn were added in 4e but to Faerun, the setting, they are considered completely canon. same for Genasi and in the code I think we already have skins for Genasi so they seem very very likely?
Technically Dragonborn were added at the very end of 3E to the FR with a completely different backstory (servants of Bahamut infused with and changed by draconic power).

N
stranger
stranger
N
About genasi:

There is alread a mod that add genasi to the game, but it´s too overpower. On Neverwinter Nights 2 you have official genasi without mods and they have only ONE racial spell that quickly become obsolete. I hope Larian can found a middle ground since the genasi of Neverwinter Nights 2 is too weak and the genasi of the mod too overpower.

https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/160?tab=videos

The vampire spawn and werewolf background are also good ideias.

https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/152?tab=videos

Well, everthing is on Early Acess now, I hope it will be included and balanced.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Nameless´s Fan
About genasi:

There is alread a mod that add genasi to the game, but it´s too overpower. On Neverwinter Nights 2 you have official genasi without mods and they have only ONE racial spell that quickly become obsolete. I hope Larian can found a middle ground since the genasi of Neverwinter Nights 2 is too weak and the genasi of the mod too overpower.

https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/160?tab=videos

The vampire spawn and werewolf background are also good ideias.

https://www.nexusmods.com/baldursgate3/mods/152?tab=videos

Well, everthing is on Early Acess now, I hope it will be included and balanced.

They can just copy paste what 5e genasi get. They are a good race to play but I wouldn't say OP.

D
apprentice
apprentice
D
Even though I know we are getting them, I want to play as Goliath and Dragonborn.

I have set out to recreate all my D&D characters in BG3, so having those two races would help me accomplish that goal. Besides, I want to try out all the different flavors of Dragonborn!

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by DiscountCanadian
Even though I know we are getting them, I want to play as Goliath and Dragonborn.

I have set out to recreate all my D&D characters in BG3, so having those two races would help me accomplish that goal. Besides, I want to try out all the different flavors of Dragonborn!

hmm that would be a good thread, to recreate my list of d&d races would be: Kobold, half-giant, drow, changeling, shifter, halfling, and Vanara (took a while to figure that one out, Vanara was in Oriental Adventures in 3.0, monkey race).

stranger
stranger
Aasimar and Eladrin.

old hand
old hand
Shit, I'd play as Hanuman. Give me a spear and a bow and I'd monke all day.

...monk monke

Optimistically Apocalyptic
old hand
old hand
Let DnD Players return to Monke.
More seriously, I am a bit surprised 5e (or 4e that I remember) hasn't pushed forward a monkey race (or even a monkey themed monk subclass) as part of character options? On the "furry" end of things we got a new UA with Rabbitfolk I think, and already in the ruleset we got multiple scaled and feathered type characters, and even Shifter or Simic Hybrid for those who love werewolves or other animals and wanted those features, but we never had a direct Monkey player character as far as I know? Then again maybe they are trying to avoid something derogatory or something along those lines cause some people might twist something like that very poorly (I'd rather not go far in this line of thought...)?

N
stranger
stranger
N
Shit, I'd play as Hanuman. Give me a spear and a bow and I'd monke all day.

...monk monke

Turtle monk is also interesting, being a unique Ninja Turtle smile

More seriously, I am a bit surprised 5e (or 4e that I remember) hasn't pushed forward a monkey race (or even a monkey themed monk subclass) as part of character options? On the "furry" end of things we got a new UA with Rabbitfolk I think, and already in the ruleset we got multiple scaled and feathered type characters, and even Shifter or Simic Hybrid for those who love werewolves or other animals and wanted those features, but we never had a direct Monkey player character as far as I know? Then again maybe they are trying to avoid something derogatory or something along those lines cause some people might twist something like that very poorly (I'd rather not go far in this line of thought...)?

Yeah, it´s forgivable. I hope see a mod of monkey nevertheless. Werewolf can be a good background for characters. If it became too powerful, than you can make negative background to balance.

If you choose positive background like werewolf or vampire spawn, then you must choose one negative background that will give you some disadvantages.

They can just copy paste what 5e genasi get. They are a good race to play but I wouldn't say OP.

The genasi of the book is balanced, but I as talking about the mod on Nexus. Did you watched the video?

old hand
old hand

Kind of sad if Vanara was actually the last one since it was 3.0

Did a quick google and it looks like Oriental Adventures didnt get a revision for 4e but some of the features made it to other books like Oni and Shaman class.

Did another google this is the closest I guess 4e has to a shapeshifter race Hengeyokai

Last edited by fallenj; 15/03/21 01:33 PM.
S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by Atherion
Aasimar and Eladrin.

Yeah, good call.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard