Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
N
stranger
stranger
N
Originally Posted by Omegaphallic
Originally Posted by Gmazca
And, if they have all of the required spells, it should be easy enough to copy/paste the Tiefling model and add all of their sub-races:

Baalzebul
Dispater
Fierna
Glasya
Levistus
Mammon
Mephistopheles

I'm curious if the Tiefling subraces will have unique appearance differences from each other, like wil you be able to tell a Zariel Tiefling from an Asmodean Tiefling, from a Fierna Tiefling like you can between Elf and Dwarf subraces.

I think we should let the player change the appearance as he/she wants and choose sub-race for different power, stats, tag, lore.

Originally Posted by Omegaphallic
I think Aasimar are important to have in this game to counter balance all the Grim Dark Races. Bonus points if you have Tritons and Firbolgs in it for the same reasons partly.

I totally agree.

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by _Vic_
Human Variant usually is the one and only reason you play a human (not for RP purposes) so Human variant is a must, unless they allow feats at first level for everybody as an optional rule.

I don't find variant humans to be all that great. They give up a lot for that one bonus feat. Most of the time, it's just better getting more ASI.

The only time I see a human truly shining is if the game table doesn't use feats. Then standard humans are pretty good.

journeyman
journeyman
Human variant seems like a must have (assuming they don't incorporate the recent changes from Tasha's Cauldron for all races). And the favourite for me:

- Yuan-ti Pureblood

old hand
old hand
Every race that can be canon to Forgotten Realms, so not Vedalkan or Verdan, but I want to say Shifters and Kalashtar's can be canon and their implementation could be very cool.

old hand
old hand
I'd love to see aasimar added as a race; I enjoy creating aasimar paladins in order to maximize my goody two-shoes potential.

T
journeyman
journeyman
T
Wanna be Kenku, gotta have Lizard folk.
...Grung.

addict
addict
Dhampirs. They are available in Pathfinder: Kingmaker (D&D 3.75). Including Aasimars, Tieflings, Drow, Duergar, Hobgoblin, Fetchling, Ganzi and Suli. All have lots of unique racials and some unique classes.
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Last edited by mr_planescapist; 08/03/21 11:01 AM.
Banned
Banned
Originally Posted by mr_planescapist
Dhampirs. They are available in Pathfinder: Kingmaker (D&D 3.75). Including Aasimars, Tieflings, Drow, Duergar, Hobgoblin, Fetchling, Ganzi and Suli. All have lots of unique racials and some unique classes.
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Er, it's a mod. Aasimars and Tiefling are in the base game, the rest are not.

But anyway, Aasimars and Half-Orcs. Light is not good/Dark is not evil are the only tropes i faithfully abide to.

S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by spectralhunter
Originally Posted by _Vic_
Human Variant usually is the one and only reason you play a human (not for RP purposes) so Human variant is a must, unless they allow feats at first level for everybody as an optional rule.

I don't find variant humans to be all that great. They give up a lot for that one bonus feat. Most of the time, it's just better getting more ASI.

The only time I see a human truly shining is if the game table doesn't use feats. Then standard humans are pretty good.

Most D&D players would disagree. Most of the ASI are nice, but rather wasted on standard humans, while variant humans are ranked among the very best races. The variant human also "break the mold" of the generalist human, turning him into the best expert. Moreover, in BG3 the variant human would be made incredibly potent due to Larian's unbalancing homebrew.

As a variant human you can start with Sharpshooter or Great Weapon Master feat, and take the -5 penalty on attack for the +10 damage MUCH more indiscriminately, considering you're pretty much guaranteed advantage on attack rolls against enemies that generally have lower AC than they would in proper D&D. Most consider these feats from the very best to overpowered - even without homebrew that trivializes the penalty.

Likely strongly unbalancing for the first several levels. But hey, as long as people have "fun", Larian clearly doesn't care two hoots about balance.

Last edited by Seraphael; 08/03/21 03:04 PM.
S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by Seraphael
Most D&D players would disagree. Most of the ASI are nice, but rather wasted on standard humans, while variant humans are ranked among the very best races. The variant human also "break the mold" of the generalist human, turning him into the best expert. Moreover, in BG3 the variant human would be made incredibly potent due to Larian's unbalancing homebrew.

As a variant human you can start with Sharpshooter or Great Weapon Master feat, and take the -5 penalty on attack for the +10 damage MUCH more indiscriminately, considering you're pretty much guaranteed advantage on attack rolls against enemies that generally have lower AC than they would in proper D&D. Most consider these feats from the very best to overpowered - even without homebrew that trivializes the penalty.

Likely strongly unbalancing for the first several levels. But hey, as long as people have "fun", Larian clearly doesn't care two hoots about balance.

SS and GWM isn’t all that great at lower levels. They start to shine at level 5 and up. The penalties are big at level 1-4. Extra attacks offset some of the penalties. And at level 6, fighters can grab ASI + proficiency bonus to reduce the penalty a little.

If you want to min-max, a standard human can have 16 on three stats. Of course the remaining stats are trash but very few races can achieve something similar. Shield dwarves with +2 on STR and CON are the closest I know of among the core races.

enthusiast
enthusiast
If you want to min-max, a standard human can have 16 on three stats. Of course the remaining stats are trash but very few races can achieve something similar. Shield dwarves with +2 on STR and CON are the closest I know of among the core races.
And Half Elves/ Half Drow. They get a +2 CHA, and +1 to any other 2 Abilities.

Last edited by Merlex; 08/03/21 05:48 PM.
S
addict
addict
S
Originally Posted by Merlex
And Half Elves/ Half Drow. They get a +2 CHA, and +1 to any other 2 Abilities.

How could I forget half elves? I don’t usually play drow but I should have remembered half elves.

S
addict
addict
S

SS and GWM isn’t all that great at lower levels. They start to shine at level 5 and up. The penalties are big at level 1-4. Extra attacks offset some of the penalties. And at level 6, fighters can grab ASI + proficiency bonus to reduce the penalty a little.

You are willfully ignoring that that isn't the case in BG3 as pointed out in the post you even quoted.

S
addict
addict
S

You are willfully ignoring that that isn't the case in BG3 as pointed out in the post you even quoted.

My bad. I was strictly talking about tabletop.

P
stranger
stranger
P
Hi, though I'm just joining. I figure that maybe it'll be helpful if I attempt to do this if it hasn't already been done.

If you have a race/subrace that you want in the game. what would it be?

Personally, I wouldn't mind having the Fiernia teifling subrace to be added. perhaps maybe adding subraces that allow us to have different ability scores for mid-maxers.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Everyone here pretty much knows what I want already.
.......Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut.
Goblins (As well as Hobgoblins and Bugbears if possible.)
Also Genasi races (As well as the Non-Human ones, like the Wisplings as an example.).

enthusiast
enthusiast
Goblins would be an intersting take but would need a change in the first encounter since you probably help the attackers rather than defend the Druids.

Genasi, obviously
If we get genasi, Dragonborn is a must since they both came with Abeir.

Races i would love to see:

Tabaxi
Leonin (yes i like cats)
Aasimar
Half-orcs, not even that unusual
Kenku
Warforged (Eberron might be a bit far fetched though)

There are tons of other cool races but i guess even this is too much laugh

I always hoped someone would make a MMORPG of faerun. No something like Neverwinter but a real one where you can actually play. Sadly i only have ideas but no money or skills for something like that :P

old hand
old hand
I have said this elsewhere but EVERYTHING (that is Canon or has potential to be Canon) to Faerun.
Shifters and Kalashtar are in a weird place for me that I am still not sure how canon they are, but I'd really really like the former.
Everything else I really hope gets added, Lizardmen, Dragon born, Gobbos, Kenky, Aarakocra, Aasimar, Orcs, Halforcs, Firbolgs, even that small chance of a Grung or Locathah companion.

P
addict
addict
P
I doubt we'll get the setting-specific races, like Eberron warforged, or any of the planeshift races, but chances are good someone will mod them in eventually. I'm really just hoping for all the PHB races at this point, I would really like to be able to look at and give feedback about dragonborn. (although i think dragonborn will be a big point of discussion, with many differing opinions)

Also please give us more planetouched, the aasimar and genasi.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Piff
I doubt we'll get the setting-specific races, like Eberron warforged, or any of the planeshift races, but chances are good someone will mod them in eventually. I'm really just hoping for all the PHB races at this point, I would really like to be able to look at and give feedback about dragonborn. (although i think dragonborn will be a big point of discussion, with many differing opinions)

Also please give us more planetouched, the aasimar and genasi.

Dragonborn are tied to genasi, period. When Toril and Abeir merged they both came to faerun. So i don't know where there is reason for a discussion. Everyone has races that he or she dislikes. That's what choices are for. But i am looking forward to those discussions laugh

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard