Originally Posted by mr_planescapist
Originally Posted by fallenj
Originally Posted by mr_planescapist
Why would I compare it to the first Kingmaker game?? Wrath of the Righteous is also in Beta, and BG3 is Larians 3RD RPG GAME using basically the same system.
I just thought that is really cool having 6 party members, tons of playable NPCs and all these different variation of classes available. Something that BG3 should of a least have.
Its like EVERY SINGLE CRPGS out there feels MORE LIKE BALDURS GATE than BALDURS GATE 3. Its so incredibly ironic, I just dont understand why people dont get it. Especially Larian.

Wrath of the Righteous is the second game in the series and they already have a lot of the base game setup because of the previous one. This is Larians first attempt at a different game, different system, hence why its dumb to try and compare the two...

The rest of the junk you typed is just the same old stuff I've read a million times on these forums, could care less.

This is hilarious. BG3 is basically using the ENTIRETY of DOS2 system, just upgraded. EXACTLY like what PATHFINDER IS DOING. Are you this naive in believing the entire BG3 is game is a brand new system from the ground up?
Should I list the multitude of similar gameplay systems and UI BG3 is borrowing from DOS2? I can give you a couple DOZENS off the top of my head.
Just wow. Its dump to compare two games because its Larians first try in making an CRPG? ! ? Uuuuh, Larian has been making RPGs for over two decades now. Im sure they are well aware and highly skilled in programming GAME RPGs whatever the system. lol.
Pathfinder Kingmaker isn't a good example on game development, imo. I've played it at release and it was buggier than the BG3 EA. And it was not only the bugs, but also the missing features. One of the sorcerer bloodlines had a bonus to spell dc for spells that weren't even in the game, there was a spell focus feat (universal, I think it was called) for spells that weren't in the game either. What was the point of that, to give a player such trap choices at character creation? (There were even more trap choices considering how many class features were bugged.)

Wrath having so many classes, spells, feats etc. is not necessarily a positive thing, at least not for me. It sounds like the devs are repeating the same mistake as with PK.

Last edited by ash elemental; 13/03/21 10:43 AM.