Originally Posted by Grudgebearer
Originally Posted by ash elemental
I've had the bullete appear in both the minotaur and hook horror fights. It sure seems to get around. laugh

But what I've found interesting is that it can turn other Underdark denizens hostile, I assume by catching them with its aoe. In the minotaur fight one of the minotaurs went from attacking my party to attacking the bulette (and killed his companion in the process). The same happened in the hook horror fight; they went after the bulette once it appeared. They actually helped my party defeat it.

I've not been "lucky" enough to have it show up in any other fights. In this playthrough, I did have a hook horror jump all the way from the branch of the tree, land on Gale and Wyll killing them by doing 50 damage to each of them, and take zero fall damage itself.

Larian's meddling with creature abilities has utterly broken all semblance of balance. If the final product is anything close to this EA in terms of cramming DOS mechanics into a shell of DnD, then I'll most likely wait till someone mods in some more accurate rules before I attempt to play the full version.

Lazael's tadpole power tends to kill her and her teammates as well since if you pull a target off a wall to you, the target basically lands on you and does 20+ damage to you and your party assuming it doesn't also make them Prone. This environmental cheese needs to be dealt with.

First of all, the damage from falling off elevation needs to be removed so boss encounters aren't utterly trivialized, and damage to targets the mob lands on needs to go as well, or Lazael's tadpole power be fixed so the target always lands in front but not on top of party members.

The only benefit that should come from tossing a target off elevation should be to make them Prone.