Originally Posted by Rack
Originally Posted by Scribe
Originally Posted by Rack
I always pick my race based on the stat bonus, and if I could select my stat bonus I'd almost always be a Wood Elf. Tiefling's could use love because Wood Half Elves are so much better as a CHA race, Humans could definitely do with Variant humans being added. So yeah the balance isn't super great. On the other hand racial imbalances kind of pale next to the elephants in the room. Jump, backstab, high ground, shove, barrelmancy. While those exist the tactical layer is so broken as to make other balance concerns irrelevant.

Lets just let it be 5e and mod it from there ya?

If by mod you mean tweak then yeah I think that makes sense. If you mean mod as in to leave balancing to modders I can't really back you up. BG3 has no GM and is relentlessly played on a battle map. Some abilities in D&D don't translate well to BG3 while others translate extremely well. Also 5E from the players guide is a bit "first draft" but using all the supplemental content is impractical so some choice adjustments make sense. Tieflings received substantial buffs from Mordenkainen and Sword Coast Adventurers after all.

After what I've seen so far from the devs? No, I mean 'mod'. As in, let us decide.