Originally Posted by Scribe
Originally Posted by CJMPinger
Any particular reason, like is it Balance or theming? Cause if former I got nothing to help on that, 5e balance is probably going to continue as it always has. If it is the latter, they are very very easy to retheme by nature even without the tasha's thing, cause Eldritch Cannons can just be wands so you are a wandmaker, and Battlesmith can just be a golemancer so their Steel Defender is less mechanical and more lumpy stone and metal. The armorer is arguably the hardist but it can pulled back in description to just runic enchantments and not the weird suits they describe now.
Regardless, not liking it is valid, even if it is just "Don't like it cause don't like it", though I tend to agree with Old Soul that it is a bit incomplete without it cause I want Artificer to be a mainstay.
(Then again, I am one of those that want Bloodhunter to finally be considered official at some point so we can have that weird not natural fighter but somewhat magical class niche filled.)

Mostly because even if you reskin it, it's a highly magical class, that is not self contained.

A wizard is magical, but it's the wizard.
A paladin is magical, but it's the paladin.

Even if you reskin them (and I would have to, I don't like Eberron) you have a class making objects around them, Magical.

It's a deviation from the start.

Not sure if I'm explaining that well but, it's daylight savings time, and I'll be braindead today...

Makes sense, I don't see it the same but I can see where you come from.