Oh wow. I had seen the page 1--10 analysis but I had missed the full-thread update. Thanks Tuco for upping the thread, but mostly thanks to Maximuuus for the analysis. This post is a gold nugget.

As I wrote previously, I had the feeling (probably like most people who saw this thread) that "yeah, most people agree that the controls are bad". Now it's no longer a feeling. The overwhelming majority of players who expressed their view here think it's bad.

And I'm also fully in agreement with the mentality of the suggestions. Sadly, it might well be that not being able to select more than 1 character at a time will not go away. In view of this, all we can hope for is that the rest of the party controls are made as little bad as possible.

I'll just add two things :
- Add a keyboard shortcut for the Group All / Ungroup All button.
- Add a keyboard shortcut for Ungroup This Character (from its current group). And one for Add Character To Group with character X. It's a pain that I cannot simply select Character 4 and start going somewhere with Character 4 (alone). If I could press 4 (to select) followed by U (to ungroup) and start going somewhere, it would still be one more input than necessary, but a lot more manageable.