Originally Posted by Maximuuus
Consummables don't appear in the spellbook and I also use consummables so it's a bit more job than just 1 or 2 spell(s) / level (for every characters).
Spellbook? O_o
What does a spellbook have to do with hot bar occupancy? o_O

Also consummables are not tied to leves at all ... so yes, it still its still 1 or 2 spells per level. :-/

Originally Posted by 1varangian
Have you ever played BG1&2, Pillars of Eternity, Pathfinder or Solasta..or is your experience solely based on DOS and MMO's?
Lets se now: no, no, no, no, no ... no and no.

Care to explain me how interface (or only lack of hotbar) in completely different game, that dont even have same combat system (real time with pause in most, except solasta and MMO) should be relevant to fact that in this game i like hotbar and its uses? O_o
Since i really dont understand the relations here.

[quote=1varangian]You're so quick to say "nope" but can't really say why.
Well, it's not easy to explain "why" when you defend the non-existence of something ... logically it's even impossible.
In this case, I would probably refer to the general wording that something is not better if you lack arguments that it is better.

You have written a few things that may seem better to you ...
But since they didn't seem better to me, i said it. :-/
It's just a matter of opinion, nothing more.

But anyway ...
I said why above ... i can repeat it for you:
Well, here are a few:
- It's faster
(yes, in the order of barely seconds, but it is)
- It's potentially clearer
(yes, you can fill the whole hotbar with nonsense and have a mess in it ... but you can also keep it clean and tidy ... it's just about how you work with it.)
- Each player has the opportunity to compile an order that suits him.
(And that's exactly where it's time to add an icon to the hotbar that would open ALL all spells, another that would open ALL all scrolls, another that would open ALL all arrows, etc. to perfection.)
- Well, even though it may look weird, for example, it helps me a lot to immerse myself in the action ... because when I cast one click, I control the spell ... not the Interface.
So ... that is mine "why" ...
And i completely understand that none of those may seem important, or relevant for you.
As i said abowe, its just matter of opinion. wink

But what I would like to know is how much it would suit or not suit you to be able to put a button with all the spells in the hotbar, another with all the scrolls, another with all the arrows, another with all the potions ... and so on.
Maximuuus had already admitted that such a variant would be permissible for him ... so it seems that the hotbar as such is not such a problem.

These RPGs don't even have a hotbar, save for Pathfinder that gives you like 10 slots for your most frequent needs, and their UI's are much more functional than BG3's.
As I said, it's a different game with a different system ...

You can't compare the number of slots and ignore how many options a game has ...
Did you computed spells, scrolls, consumables, arrows, potions, throwables, etc. in Pathfinder?
I bet the answer is no. wink

The BG3 UI will become exponentially more frustrating when you have a higher level character with tons of prepared spells that change frequently and don't even begin to fit in that little bar with everything else that has to be there. Spells will shift around constantly and you won't find anything in that mes.
Agreed actualy ...
That is why i sugested multiple times that we need biger hotbar ... in my opinion that one we have seen in first build was the best:
[img]https://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/rd4Ttnm34ozAtNTf2jX2Ai-1024-80.jpg.webp[/img]

Then there's the plain weird choices like why is my main hand attack a fixed button but my off hand attack is a weapon icon somewhere in a hot bar that keeps moving when I re-equip my off-hand. Why are upcast versions of level 1 spells presented as new spells cluttered with real level 2 spells.
You can toggle autoattack with offhand for regular attack (not sneak attack tho) ...
Under the "meele" or "ranged" weapons you can toggle attack with main hand, or dual wield. wink

But with the rest, i agree completely ...
I just can see any relation with hotbar discusion. laugh

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown