Originally Posted by 1varangian
Originally Posted by Zenith
I'm glad they are aware of how much a turn off RNG is in the game.

Keep that crap for the troll tabletop. In my videogames, I want consistency of outcome.

In regards to Larian cheese, they just need to remove fall damage off shove and just make targets prone, and for stealth attacks to put all your group in combat.
And the last thing I want is combat where you can calculate the outcomes. Combat should be chaotic and unpredictable.

Why would they remove fall damage? The whole point in pushing someone off a ledge is to hurt them. And the world needs to feel real when you're telling a grown up story. If the gameplay is a total meme it's hard to take the story seriously.

I'm not buying the "RNG is bad in videogames". It's not about the platform. You can design tabletop games without RNG too. It's a choice.

Maybe action RPG's are more your thing if the RNG is so hard to swallow?

Maybe the tabletop is your thing, and you can stop telling people that you have ownership over a game, which you do not. I'll save chaotic and unpredictable for movies, I'd much rather have my known outputs to any input I make in the game instead of reloading a save because I rolled second in initiative and Bulette proceeded to slam half of my group dead on the first turn and by the time I get them up it's the third turn and he burrows out. Or having Baretha get first turn and 2 shot a member of the team through action surge while dodging the next 3 attacks from the party.

They should remove fall damage because taking out one third of the Phase Matriarch's HP by just breaking the webbing under her is absurd and trivializes the encounter, and the same goes for the Minotaurs.