After meeting the hunter by Ethel's Home, another dialogue triggered. This one was about Astarion. Do we keep Astarion secret or tell the hunter where he is? I chose to have my characters agree that it was the right thing to do to protect him, but I wonder now what would have happened if I had them agree to do the opposite.

Most of the dialogues work pretty well. Some even offer race specific options. My Gith has had more than a few extra options during custom character dialogue. Same with my Drow.

What I love about it is the party is chatting together like a real party, discussing what to do next and such as a team.

It has made me realize that we need this same thing with the premade characters. Our main should be chatting periodically with Gale and Lae'zel and Astarion and Shadowheart and Wyll, pow-wowing after encountering things, like a team. Instead, dialogues occur as 1x1 between main and 1 character.

So why dont we have the party converse and discuss things together all the time with the premades too?

For example, you discover Astarions secret. Why not have a dialogue sequence with everyone at the camp all talking around the fire together about how they are going to deal with this new discovery? Why not have Lae'zel say she wants him gone and thinks we should kick him out in front of everyone and Wyll say he doesn't trust him too to the whole party. Have Astarion defend himself, and then let you decide whether to defend him too or agree to get rid of him. THAT would really make it feel like the whole group is a team and deciding things together and add a lot more interaction and character development.