Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#770066 17/04/21 02:23 PM
A
Adiktus Offline OP
OP Offline
A
My new favourite thing is packing crates with different combinations of ordnance and lobbing them at the bad guys (especially fun vs large groups of enemies).

Here's one cocktail that took out five enemies outside the Goblin camp and mortally wounded several more:

• 1 Void Bulb
• 1 Bomb
• 1 Smokepowder Satchel
• 1 Alchemist's Fire
• 4 Bottles rum

Shake well before serving.

Anyone else found any effective combos?

enthusiast
enthusiast
:O you can DO that? Cool!

M
apprentice
apprentice
M
Are you sure all of them count?

Bomb and Power explode, but does it explode more combined?

Alchemist's fire and rum create a fire floor, but don't just Alchemist fire create the one tick of fire damage?

Doesn't the bomb go off on it's own, so the Alchemist's fire isn't needed as the bomb will ignite the rum?

The bulb + other is great through, because of the range of a bulb effect will pull enemies close. Only problem is the shortage of bulbs, unless you, like me, like to do underdark before the goblins, as the underdark in a none murderhobo playthrough has a bulb vendor.

A
Adiktus Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I hadn't noticed there was a bulb vendor in the Underdark - thanks for that!

I usually find that between the Mind Flayer ship and the Illithid tech on the ground, you can pick up around 9 Void Bulbs. For a while I only used them on the Book of Necromancy and Baelen's satchel, but then I discovered they work great on groups of enemies.

V
stranger
stranger
V
If you're looking for another great combination, try adding an Acid Vial to the mix. It can help deal with heavily armored foes by corroding their gear and causing additional damage over time. Combining it with Alchemist's Fire can create a deadly area of effect that keeps enemies burning and taking damage. Give it a shot and see how it works for you!

B
old hand
old hand
B
Originally Posted by Adiktus
you can pick up around 9 Void Bulbs. For a while I only used them on the Book of Necromancy and Baelen's satchel,
I never thought about such use, I always used Mage Hand for that.

addict
addict
Originally Posted by Adiktus
My new favourite thing is packing crates with different combinations of ordnance and lobbing them at the bad guys (especially fun vs large groups of enemies).

Here's one cocktail that took out five enemies outside the Goblin camp and mortally wounded several more:

• 1 Void Bulb
• 1 Bomb
• 1 Smokepowder Satchel
• 1 Alchemist's Fire
• 4 Bottles rum

Shake well before serving.

Anyone else found any effective combos?

Ha ha

Even though I’m not a fan of barrelmancy (or cratemancy in this case) I have to give this a try at least once.

I suppose a portion of sleep wouldn't add to the mayhem due to the other effects?

Last edited by Ranxerox; 19/07/24 08:26 PM.

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard