Originally Posted by gaymer
After watching gameplay footage from others on various sites, I realized the average player that is playing this game in EA is not very good at the combat. Even though the best of us know that the combat is super easy and formulaic to the point of drudgery at times, the average player sucks at combat. This is why there are a lot of complaints about the game being too hard, even though you literally can fight every single fight with all spell slots available on every character if you so wished.

Unless you are a previous DOS player, some of the Larian combat features are so absurd, the average player would not know those features were in place. I had no idea you could eat food in combat, throw barrels and people until I read about them in these forums. It's so outrageous that such mechanics exist, I would have thought them as jokes until I realized that's how DOS played. I would think the average player not familiar with DOS would think as I do. For 5e players, even more. So to cater to average players unfamiliar with DOS, the game will be made even easier...

If you understand Larian's mindframe, the combat is a joke. There's no real tactics required other than using cheese (what I would call broken) mechanics.