Are there any updates on the story by now? Sorry for the necrobump but I thought it was more appropriate to reply than start a new thread on the same subject.

So I am curious about the netherese magic surrounding the tadpole you and your companions have. I have read in another thread (What is the Absolute SPOILERS) that it's possibly a god using the mindflayer reproduction process to gather people under her control, not necessarily to turn them into mindflayers. "The visions suggest that the tadpole is angry at the absolute for putting it in stasis and using it" is part of a comment in that thread that claims this. Several people commented that the nautiloid ships require netherese magic to make them, so it'd require a god or a very powerful figure to build them.

Some of them mention Shar being capable of doing this, but also being more likely to be against something like that. I had also heard the tadpole wasn't the dream npc, or there were more than one beings controlling the dream npc.

What I really want to know is about the PC's backstory. Each of the Origin characters have other major events going on with them without the tadpole. Does the PC have a backstory? I saw in one of the last few patches we're now "Baldurian" and have unique dialogues for having that tag. Are they going to let us change that later? If not, do we have some crazy reason for being infected with that particular type of tadpole? What about the lich in our camp?

Last edited by rdb100; 20/04/21 08:16 PM.