Reddit post with pic... https://www.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate3/comments/n49kes/shattered_flail_vs_chaos_flail/

Text...

Above is the flail that the Flind is carrying.

I threw the Flind's corpse to the Blighted Village, down into the spider lair and finally down into the UD for Gut to animate. I used Lazeal to throw and getting through some places is super annoying to get right but can be done(after many a reload after getting the corpse stuck).

Like the minotaurs, you can throw the weapon on the ground by right clicking on it in the character sheet and a party member can then pick it up.

The Chaos Flail is just straight up more interesting and fun to swing around than the Shattered Flail's reduced state. I guess I'll see if someone mods it come release("Fixed Flind's Flail Mod" or maybe "Full Flind's Flail Mod" modders feel free to steal one of those names and make this happen please) , but I'd like Larian to just apply the Shattered Flail's abilities over to this model and let us loot it.

Yes that would boost the base damage from 1d6+2 to 1d8+2 and make it slightly stronger even before the heal ability is factored in, but will likely end up only so strong until the end of the mid game. It will still likely be outclassed by the good +3 weapons we see for the end game.

Thoughts, comments, concerns?