I do admit that after playing the game with TT going through the Prologue, it is still incredibly hard using 5e rules. If you read my post about BG3 as Tabletop, you'll see that the player, Diadell, almost loses every battle. Did she survive? Yes. She made it through the encounters, but fighting Imps at Level 1 even with Lae'zel and We are Here, is not easy. It is hard. I think that the number of enemies should be based entirely on the number of party members even in the Prologue. If you are going to throw imps at players so quickly, you need to not have 3 fighting you at one time unless you set the game to Hard. Each time they hit, they could take out a party member, and because of Damage Resistance, they are tough to kill. So if you get unlucky, you lose right away during the prologue.

This seems to be true for most of the big fights in the game. They throw bigger monsters at players than characters are ready for. Then the characters have to use cheese to win and the game has to be nerfed as well.

The Prologue would certainly be easier with 4 Custom Characters and Lae'zel and We are Here. Then it could be done more easily. That's why I think that they should base the number of enemies in each area on how many party members there are. If there is only 1 Custom Character and Lae'zel and We are Here, maybe they should fight only 2 Imps in each area of the Prologue and have more healing potion drops. Also, keep the 5e rules more strict. If they did this, the game would be more balanced. Then, if there were 2 Custom Characters plus Lae'zel and We are Here, maybe 3 Imps. If We are Here is not in the party, maybe stick with 2 Imps. 3 Customs and Lae'zel, stick with 3 Imps each area. 4 Customs and Lae'zel and We are Here, then maybe 4 imps. You know, something like that.

Last edited by GM4Him; 10/05/21 09:15 PM.