Originally Posted by Maximuuus
- The AI won't ever jump to avoid fire damages if they're on a fire surface, you will.

I'd like to comment on this portion rq as I feel it may have been tweaked/changed in patch 4. Previous to P4 I had never seen any enemy, other than a goblin, use jump. However during my last 2 playthroughs(both AFTER P4) I've had a few different things start jumping around.

Ogress/Bugbear encounter: I tried having Lazeal and my ranger hold the doorway and the ranger's pet spider filling the interior with webs. First round the Bugbear passed it's save and ran up to Lazeal and started swinging. On its second turn it leaped over Lazeal and the ranger out the doorway to run after Shadowheart who I had in the backfield.

Hag Fight: This was just over the weekend trying out a 3 custom toon party + Lazeal. Here I had 2 different Redcaps use jump, 1 did it 2 turns in a row. I engaged the Hag in her house on one of the back upper floors in the little alcove where I could attempt to trap her in place with Lazeal and Menacing Strike. It worked perfectly and I unloaded on the Hag until the first Redcap got in the house. It ended it's turn halfway from the door to the first set up stairs. I used a ranger's spider to drop a web over the entrance area of the house, basically covering the whole entrance from a few feet in the door to the first set of steps, which enwebbed the Redcap. The next round I finished off the Hag and moved my ranger & Lazeal upstairs to the highest level of the house at the top of the ladder down to the forge area. I left my cleric and druid on the level where the hag died and moved the spider to the center of the next level down(where the smaller ladder is to the entrance overhang area and back patio door). The Redcap jumped out of the web on its turn to the bottom of the entrance stairs then headed right and down the next set of stairs to the forge level headed for the ladder back there. My ranger and Lazeal stayed up where they were and picked it off before it got to them.

The next Redcap that came in ended its turn just inside the house but before the web. I had my spider at the top of the stairs to the level it was on and the spider model is so big I took up the entire top of the stairs. Behind it a bit I placed my cleric and druid on the same level as the spider at the base of the stairs up to where I killed the Hag. On its next turn the Redcap used jump to clear the web entirely and land on the first set of stairs and took a left on the first platform toward the stairs leading up to the spider but ended its turn before reaching the base of the stairs. My cleric and druid were just using crossbows while they waited for it to get closer. On its next turn the Redcap used jump to leap over the spider, up onto our level and come take a swing at my druid both on the same turn.

Idk if that is something special for Redcaps or if Larian is maybe starting to give the AI the same options as PCs.

Last edited by OcO; 11/05/21 09:24 PM.