People who bring up Solasta non stop should be fair - Solasta has nothing going on for it other than most aspects of combat (and I feel even on that department there is much room for improvement) which are great.

The game itself is slow, ugly and boring. I've played it for several hours but it was a mostly painful experience with slight bursts of brilliance. And I found out there are two specific aspects of this game I really enjoy - character creotor and dungeon master mode. Unfortunately, this is not enough to sustain a great game, definitely not this day and age, when video games became much more.

About the relationship between Bg3 and Solasta - I think the reason people here keep mentioning this game is not because they think it is better, but because there is something very specific it did batter even if it is inferior in all other aspects when compared to Bg3.

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."