Ignoring the strawmen that are tempting to set on fire, that's a... Pretty honest and accurate description. I specifically wasn't really trying to oversell the game, merely pointing out how BG3's current combat design leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to turn by turn tactical considerations due to outright missing mechanics. And the uproar over said missing mechanics is honestly only really that bad because a bunch of old interviews gave off the impression that the BG3 devs have either an unfavorable opinion of them or have deemed them unnecessary, when Solasta demonstrates that they're really anything but that. Not to mention that BG3 has retained a lot of the DOS2 identity in regards to the engine being used, which lacked anything similar to the aformentioned missing mechanics too.

If Larian actually said SOMETHING to indicate that they're going to consider changing course on reactions/ready actions or doubling down on it, half of these forums would probably shut up. Silence only promotes a deepening sense of anxiety and heightened expectations among the community, and I don't think there's any point in history where it has achieved the exact opposite.

Although I also have to say as a former mod myself - if you have to apologize to the mods ahead of time, you probably should rethink things.

Last edited by Saito Hikari; 30/05/21 07:32 AM.