Originally Posted by Rhobar121
Not so much combat as I generally find Solaste mediocre at best.
The fight itself is not scary, but I don't like two things about it: the reaction and the overall speed of the fight. Due to the low budget, I'm not going to criticize the animation (it's not a big problem for me, as I regularly return to old games).
Personally, I would rather turn a blind eye to these aspects if the other elements of the game were well made.
The game had a clear budget waste problem.
I don't know who came up with the idea of ​​creating "cinematic" dialogues or making close-ups on characters but it was a huge mistake.
The sound of the characters is also not of the highest order.
While I'm not a big fan of PoE, making a game in this style (I'm talking about graphics) would be much better.
If you don't have a budget for certain aspects of the game, you don't do it.
The game itself would be much better if, instead of wasting the budget, they cut out at least these elements and instead devoted a little more time and resources to refining the title.
Unfortunately, the RPG aspects of this game aren't good.
I will probably finish the game, but I suspect that in six months I will completely forget about it. Rather, it isnt a title that people will remember in x years

This was just another attempt to understand arguments against a BG3 closer to DnD in it's mechanics.

At least I have your personnal preferences about "the reactions" and "the speed" of the fight.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 30/05/21 06:47 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus