Originally Posted by Blackheifer
Originally Posted by Arne
Originally Posted by Blackheifer
Halsin doesn't work here as he is anything but normal. He is a high level Druid who has seen his fair share of conflict and is not shy about taking things on directly.

Yes, he is only "normal" in comparison to the other companions. He is no vampire, Githyanki and has no demonic pacts. He is just a "normal" elven(?) archdruid grin

Did I say that I would like to see a peasant girl or common hunter for a change?

Sorry I was conflating Normal with ordinary - which of course he isn't ordinary.

No problem, your point is entirely valid. He isn't really normal or ordinary, even the most 'normal' guy we come across is still quite extraordinary wink

Just imagine you come across a peasant girl in one of the destroyed villages. She is scared to the core & pleads you not to leave her alone. So, you take her along to deliver her to some relatives in Baldur's Gate. In the beginning, she is maybe just a decent cleric or rogue, far too naive to be in an adventuring party and constantly botching things she has to do. But she grows stronger and more competent, getting some nice healing powers or becoming a crafty cutpurse, similar to Imoen. & when you finally arrive at Baldur's Gate, you have to decide whether you leave her with her relatives or continue traveling together.

There, that's a story. It might not be earth shaking, but it doesn't have to be. Stories can be normal. They don't need to be extraordinary.

Last edited by Arne; 03/06/21 06:49 PM.