Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Tey
Originally Posted by Niara
If I had to guess, you may have picked up an item that was giving you a +2 (such as the circlet which gives you a +2 to animal handling).
Well, no. It would mean that I've picked something that would give me -2, since the requirement jumped from 16 to 18.
Nope, he said it right ...

As we said previously, Larian changed how it shows ...
The req. roll is dificiulty number minus your proficiency ... meaning the more proficiency you have, the less roll you need ...

In DnD your profficiency is added to your roll ... here its removed from your required number ...
DnD: Req. <= Proficiency + Roll
Larian: Req. - Proficiency <= Roll

//edit:
In other words ...
+2 to your proficiency, and -2 to your roll required is the same thing. smile
But items show +2 to your proficiency. wink

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 13/06/21 08:14 AM.

I still dont understand why cant we change Race for our hirelings. frown
Lets us play Githyanki as racist as they trully are! frown
veteran
veteran
*She, if you please, Rag.

Also, I understand that Tey was saying indeed that the roll requirement increased on their second look. I'd flip my suggestion, in that perhaps they were wearing the headband initially, and had since switched it out for something more useful, but it sounds like they may have checked that already, leaving it an anomaly at the moment.

veteran
veteran
More and more i think about starting using "the other forum user" instead of usual "he" laugh
I miss more often then i hit by this pronoun. :-/
And sory, it was not intented ...

And as i can see now i didnt even read right. :-/
You are right, with fliping that sugestion ...

I believe i have noticed that some items and spells also incerases proficiencies that they are not suppose to. O_o
For example key of the ancients is saying in tooltip that it gives you +1 to Nature ... but i also noticed it giving me bonus in some persuation checks. O_o

And there is Silvanus' Blessing ... that relic from druid groove that give +2 animal handling for people who are in some range ... maybe that could be the source?

veteran
veteran
It's okay, no harm done. I just use 'they' as the 'unknown/unspecified' neutral term for other forum members unless they've made a clear statement at some point to give me an indication.

If Tey had Sylvanus' blessing the first time, but had rested since and no longer had it the subsequent visit, that might also explain it, possibly.

Last edited by Niara; 13/06/21 12:42 PM.
Tey Offline OP
apprentice
OP Offline
apprentice
No guys, like I said, no blessings. Well except of the Tyr's Shield from the sword, but it was present in both cases and it has no influence on neither intimidation nor charisma. The only logical explanation that comes to mind at this point is that they raised the actual target number, which is unlikely... probably...

My heart will take me there, where my feet cannot...
addict
addict
I have to totally agree with the comment about characters. More precisely: They have the last word and shoulddn't. Larian already commented on that and I don't get their answer either. I think they totally missed the point ( again). They said people are misspleased with the evil characters so they will make them more likeable. I don't get it.

If they want to make an evil character they make an evil character. Not a bipolar teenager Shadowheart was when the EA was originally released. If the main trait of a character is to be arrogant that's great. Let her be arrogant. The thing Shadowheart isn't arrogant or evil, she's straight up bipolar. Because of how the interactions are coded and done.

You play, they remember what you did, they comment in the camp(most of the time). They can't have that conversation with you straight away? As a result I do one action Shadowheart approves, dissaproves and approves. So she's like " yeah, you're great" and the dialogue ends. I talk with her again she's screaming like I just killed her mother. And after that she behaves like nothing hapenned. Also she doesn't always specify what she's referring to so fuck me, I have no idea what caused this chain of events.

Other characters have exactly the same problem. The only one who's a bit more consistent is the vampire. I don't like him for certain of his traits but I think he's the most consistent in his behaviour and I definitely loved him for his voicelines. I kept him in my group despite absolutely despising his attitude only because he's the only well-written character. Next to Gael.

You can like or dislike a character or his story but just give them consistency. They must be coherent.

Alt+ left click in the inventory on an item while the camp stash is opened transfers the item there. Make it a reality.
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by virion
They said people are misspleased with the evil characters so they will make them more likeable. I don't get it.
Rly? Since all i recall is Swen talking about lowering down amount of their disaproovement in certain situations. O_o
I believe he used the sentence "We made them more forgiving."
And it was bcs people was complaining about the fact, that they loose reputation with those companions, based on dice rolls, instead of their own choices.

Wich BTW was still there, last time i checked ... you still loose aprovement with everyone (i think) when your dices fail to squish the tadpole, that is coming out of that Dwarf True Soul ... the trap is even more awfull, since to sucess, you have to pass multiple (3 i think) dice rolls in a row. :-/

Last edited by RagnarokCzD; 14/06/21 08:06 AM.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard