Originally Posted by RagnarokCzD
I honestly wonder why?

Because it wasn't that good?
- The "videogame-friendly" ruleset they came up with was incredibly dull and approximative. We are talking stuff that makes D&D 5th edition appear complex and nuanced in comparison.
- The variety of enemies was more nominal than practical, given that no matter how many different models they had in the game, the same exact combinations of abilities worked on EVERYONE of them without much of an issue.
- if people complain about "HP bloat" in BG3 they would have cried their eyes out realizing what HP sponges some enemies were in DAO, especially at the hardest difficulty settings.
- Entire stretches of the game were a complete slog to go through (the Fade and the Deep Roads are almost infamous for that).

I played it, I finished it, I somewhat liked it, it was also a dark age where "party-based CRPGs" seemed pretty much on their way to complete extinction, so I appreciated that it was a thing at all... But I never particularly loved it and I don't think it compares too favorably to most f the others listed.

Last edited by Tuco; 17/06/21 08:26 PM.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN