Originally Posted by Maximuuus
Originally Posted by footface
Multiplayer is nothing but a boon. Those games may be great, but they would be better with friends.

No matter how good solasta is or how faithful it may be 5e dnd, it will never be able to deliver what Bg3 can, because it is and always will be a single player experience.

BG3 will never be able to deliver what BG1 and BG2 did... Is that because they were solo games ? Or is it just a personnal opinion ?

They were solo- player focused because of the engine but they did have Multiplayer ^^ Not very popular multiplayer becasue of the RTWP but it was there. Just a side note.

And below are just my loose thoughs on it:

It definitely can't deliver the same thing though. We're all 20 years older. It just needs to deliver 3 things to be legit BG3 and not just " another rpg".
1) Something that redefines standards in at least 1 category in the genre.
2) Good characters interactions/dialogues.
3) Good combat mechanics.

What does "something" and " good" stands for here? Well... that's the tricky part isn't it?

1) BG2 had a lot of the dialogues voiced( Kinda insane back then considering the amount of them), now any RPG that doesn't offer this ( Pathfinder smile ) is a no-go for me. I just can't. And it was the main selling point for BG2+1 apart from D&D lore. The same way larian is putting A LOT of emphasis on dialogues with NPC with cutscenes etc. Not so much on dialogues with characters ( YET?!).

2) There's more than that to an RPG obviously but it kinda sums up the most important things after me. Any quest/story is funny to discover if your characters keep their own identity and manifest it.
Fane in DOS2 was perfect after me, he had always something to say. Same for jaheira or anomen in bg2.

3) It's about taste I guess. Some say it's too far from D&D rules right now, some think it's too close and the truth is BG2 was kinda using advanced D&D edition. A competitive set of rules back when D&D wanted to have a pro scene of D&D for some reason. An idea that was dismissed but made Bioware's life easier. In case of BG3 they readapted the much looser 5th edition and obviously put their own experience in it. I'm in the " D&D rules pls" clan but we'll see. I hope larian can apeal to both groups.

Alt+ left click in the inventory on an item while the camp stash is opened transfers the item there. Make it a reality.